IMPORTANT QUESTION regarding the Belle and Sebastian show tonight at the Orpheum

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
the Orpheum Theatre's website says "No backpacks".

I called the box office and said I'd be coming from a long distance and I'd have a backpack, and did they have a locker or a coat check or anything or could I bring it in? They said No, they did not, and they Strongly Discouraged bringing bags.

I called a little later and got a different person. He said the same thing, essentially, and that "it depends on how they decide to do the security thing" what happens--the theatre itself has no clue . He gave me the name of the security company, Aegis, but didn't know any more.

So, um, can I bring my (messenger) bag? I really don't have anywhere to drop it off. They said "strongly discourage" rather than "forbid", so does that mean they'd grudgingly let me in with it, after searching it thoroughly? (which is fine with me) What would happen if they didn't want to let me in, after I've paid for tickets and everything? I'm not going to throw my bag away.

An addendum to this is that they also forbid picture-taking/cameras, and I have a camera in my bag. I won't take photos with it if it's forbidden, but will that be a problem?

i can't speak for the orpheum but itried to get into the fleetcenter once and was told i had to leave my bag checked at a bar in the area because they didn't have any place to check it at the fleetcenter.

I can't leave my bag. I need to transport books and stuff home.

What do you mean, "checked at a bar"? They sent you into a bar you didn't patronize which happened to have the ability to check coats, and the bar was okay with this?

omen.h4.jpg