In Absentia

You should be able to. I picked it up at a local store for $11.98. It's on atlantic records, even if stores don't have it in, they should be able to order it for you and get it in a few days.

I've now heard most of it, and plan to pick it up tomorrow. More spoliers (maybe not, since most of you have heard it): Collapse is the now traditional highly depressive closer, .3 is a great atmospheric near-instrumental, and Prodigal reminds of the desperation expressed on Floyd's The Final Cut.

I preordered from Amazon and they still haven't shipped it. I'm sure Tower has it and I'm just waiting for nothing. Too late to cancel.

$7.99 at tower???? Fuck! We dont have one of those in my city. I got it at Best Buy last night for $9.99. Great damn CD. I think Trains is one of my favorites. I didnt care for Wedding Nails too much though.

Originally posted by Vertigo
$7.99 at tower???? Fuck! We dont have one of those in my city. I got it at Best Buy last night for $9.99. Great damn CD. I think Trains is one of my favorites. I didnt care for Wedding Nails too much though.

$9.99at best buy damn! Must...go...there...friday...

First of all, in the New York area, neither Coconuts nor Bestbuy had it. Tower Records has it for $9.99 though!

Anyway, I've listened to the entire CD twice through (only twice, I know) and I must say that I dont (yet) think it's as good as any of the last 3 CDS - but I'll probably change my view soon.

The first tune, "Blackest Eyes" really DOES have an "Opethian" riff - it's almost as if you're hearing new Opeth! GREAT song - perhaps the heaviest thing they've done. That is, until you hear either track 8 or 9 (not sure which). This thing friggin' rocks like hell - heavy riffing.

Anyway, it's still early, but it appears that something is "missing". It's not even that the record is more "poppy" - in fact, the opposite is true. It's LESS poppy than it's 2 predecesors. I just feel that the tunes are less melodic.....but we'll see.

i got this cd today and i love it!!! its so great! ive only had it for a day so i dont know if its better then the rest but i think this record is right up there with their other cds. really great work!! just beautiful :)

I haven't seen it around here yet, although craig's record factory had recordings, lightbulb sun limited ed., the deliruim ep, shesmovedon single, the latest bass communion and some no-man (!)

They will be mine. oh yes, they will be mine.

It was indeed $7.99 at Tower (about $9 with tax). They have the limited edition one too, though it's not that special. It has the Strip the Soul video you can download from their site, and the packaging is inferior. Well, I think so. Still nice, and the album is great.