In Anticipation of Flight of the Valkyries 2008 - Requests?

We definately hope we make it for a slot! This is perfect for us and we'll also bring our belly dancer!!! We also have some new songs that will be showcased if were in. Sounds like it was an incredible time last year!

Dendura

ritz2band7.jpg

ankh2.gif

OrbitRoom.png

All of these are on myspace and have been around for a few years.

Ignitor from Austin TX. They are great power metal. 2 releases, a self released EP and then a new release this fall on Cruz De Sur records

Also if you are just looking for good rock n roll as a genre
Motorpscyhos from Pittsburgh, PA
Broadzilla from Detroit, MI

This is not a request (because I won´t be attending the festival anyway - as I live in Germany and there´s a Metal Female Voices Fest each October just about 200 km from here), but a suggestion:

The reunion of thrash metal legend Détente has just been confirmed on Détente´s myspace page. In the latest blog-entry it says
Ann Boleyn (Hellion) and Juan Garcia (Agent Steel) have joined forces with original DÉTENTE members Dennis Butler, Caleb Quinn, and Steve Hochheiser. In addition to Headbanger's Open Air DÉTENTE will play additional selected dates in the USA.

I don´t know how different Détente will sound with Ann Boleyn instead of Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) on vocals - it surely won´t be the same. Still, if you´re looking for something old school and special, you might consider contacting Détente. BTW, the Headbanger´s Open Air - a German festival - will take place from July 24 to 26, 2008. So I think that either before or after that festival, Détente might be available for the "additional selected dates in the USA".

Well found out the singer left Ignitor so don't know if they would have a new singer and if they would be female at this time. Still would love to see Motorpyschos from Pittsburgh PA or Broadzilla from Detroit MO. Would be incredible to see Holy Moses or Detente with Ann Boleyn. Benedicturm of Vainglory whom I missed last year making a reapparance would be cool too. Also can't remember her name but she fronted Maltese Falcon back in the eighties, a awesome female fronted thrash band. She still plays, maybe you could get her to see if she would do that with a new lineup. Or Sally Cato who fronted Smashed Gladys, a great sleaze rock female fronted band from the eighties as well.

Chuck
www.myspace.com/morethanmusicmagazine

Thank you again for all your suggestions, requests, and descriptions on this thread. I cannot thank you enough for the support and great suggestions you have all given.

We have a three great bands already lined up for the 2008 fest and will be making announcements starting in January. (We had hoped to make official date/band announcements before now, but with the holidays and several other personal and professional matters that each the SwordLord and I have been working through it has been difficult to line everything up for all the changes to the Web site, Myspace, forum, etc. Beleive me, I'm about as bummed out about not being able to make these announcements already as you probably are about having to wait for them. In my opinion, though, the wait will be well worth it.)

Please keep your requests coming. We have some great ideas for the 2008 FotV Fest, but the full roster is not yet complete. We've approached a few other bands that have not confirmed yet, but we are always interested in hearing about other female-fronted metal bands, projects, and female metal singers that you - the fans - want to see in the US.

Keep the requests coming! Fly Strong! :headbang:

Hails,

Im the lead guitarist for Severed Heaven, an all female death/black doom metal band from the UK. We would love an opening slot at the festival, it would be a great chance to prove that women can also be the band aswell as fronting it :)

We have excellent live reviews and many gigs lined up for this year already so please check out our myspace and let me know what you think

Brutal Blessings
Leane - Severed Heaven
www.myspace.com/severedheaven

Ignitor from Austin Texas
Echoes of Eternity from California
Forgotten Tales from Canada
Aghora from Florida

And my favorite of favorites and they played at MAdfest SILENCED WITHIN and they are awesome.

Any chance we could at least find out if this is going to be a one day Saturday gig again (in which case I don't need to worry about vacation time) or a two day event so I can request a day off. I got to request vacation time soon and all the family planning people with kids start taking week long holidays in the out of school season. If you feel like putting some band info with the date I wouldn't mind either. :headbang:

Any chance we could at least find out if this is going to be a one day Saturday gig again (in which case I don't need to worry about vacation time) or a two day event so I can request a day off. I got to request vacation time soon and all the family planning people with kids start taking week long holidays in the out of school season. If you feel like putting some band info with the date I wouldn't mind either. :headbang:
As of right now, the plan is for one day - a Saturday in June.

Official date announcement and first three band announcements coming before the weekend. :headbang: :D

Benedictum is one of the most kick-ass female-fronted metal bands in the U.S. I interviewed their lead singer a couple of years ago and she was a blast to talk to. Their first album is a metal masterpiece.

If you can reach outside of the U.S., I suggest Kingfisher Sky. Their debut album Hallway of Dreams is brilliant.

Bill

I'd definitely like to see Dendura in the lineup. Also, there's a band called Torsion out of West Chester, Penn. They advertise themselves as "gothic/industrial" on myspace, but they certainly sound metal enough for something like this.