In Battle drummer now takes his own life.

hey this brings me to another question:

has anyone here who has experienced the suicide of someone they know noticed just how often the subject comes up on tv shows and in other media/entertainment? sometimes it seems unreal

Authentic Metalhead said:
That really sucks. Luckily we haven't really hit the big names yet; once members of Opeth and Arch Enemy start offing themselves, we should start worrying.
Erik said:
*rejoicing
:lol:

damn, i'm a little bit wasted, and thought this thread said, "the beatles drummer now takes his own life" :oops:
i was like, "hell yeah ringo!" :headbang:

then i was gonna go buy all his albums and put r.i.p. ringo starr 1922-2006 in my sig, and set up a little shrine in my room, and tattoo his face on my ass, and say a little prayer for him every night, and change the name of my firstborn, hell, i was gonna change her gender. all this i had planned out in the span of three seconds.

man, i need to stop drinking. :kickass:

anyway, a big R.I.P. to past, present and future suicides, homocides, spermicides, etc.

"oh noes, jon died! he was my hero! i must end my life"

seriously though, death happens in threes.
~gR~

Décadent said:
'round these parts, this be the only one that counts.
:lol:
yeah i hear that. LOUD AND CLEAR.

wait a sec, what are you trying to say? :erk:

nah, my mother tried to swallow me, but she threw up all over her own vagina.
i'm half human, half digested ham sandwich. :zombie:

these suicide/death threads should be locked immediatly after notifying everyone that the person is dead.

still though, if it were locked i would have never made the connection between shane rout and spermicide, so...ah, yeah i would've.

Oh brilliant, another pom.

We need more of your type. Quick, buy your daughter a laptop. More poms = more bizarre colloquialisms. Brilliance on a scale I'm not willing to describe.

Edit: for the sake of consistency, your post made me throw up in my mouth a little. Just a little.

ResistExistence said:
Doesn't Scandinavia have one of the highest suicide rates in the world?
nah that's a bit of a myth

Wikipedia said:
There is a common belief, especially in the US, that Sweden has a higher rate of suicide than other countries; this is actually a myth, as Sweden has an average suicide rate. The myth was probably started because the secular government of Sweden started to measure suicide statistics openly before other countries did. President Eisenhower saw this as a chance to promote his political ideology, and maintained that the statistics showed Sweden was the country of "free love, high taxes and suicide" (none of this was particularly true at the time). Also, the dark, relatively cold climate of Sweden in the winter has added fuel to this myth. (see "Suicide and Season" below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Sweden is 29th with 13.4 suicides per 100,000 people and year
United States is 45th with 10.7, so there's not a huge difference

There was a Suicide Season where I used to live. Around about Sept/Oct each year, when the "build up" started. In equitorial areas that get monsoonal rain, the build up is the pre-rain time of year where the heat and humidity skyrocket to unbearable levels and there's absolutely no reprise in form of rain for at least a month or more. This is also the time of year most school-aged kids get the added pressure of exams. In a city with a population of 150,000, we'd have an average of 2-3 kids topping themselves per week for up to 2 months.

Killbot said:
Ha! all the baltic states are in the top ten. It must really suck there.
the communists did their best to destroy them during the soviet occupation but things are constantly getting better in all "baltic states" now

they are actually good countries with nice nature and a long/proud history and all that, they've just had the misfortune of being located close to russia