In Ear Phones

I've been very happy with my Shure E4's for on stage use, I use them for all Backmask shows, since we play to a click and I like to be able to hear my vocals well so I sing in tune. It's worked great for this purpose, and I have also used them to set up click tracks on my laptop while the band dicks around at loud volumes in the practice space with no problem. They are great for ignoring annoying drummers.

Haven't tried anything else, went with Shure because their wireless in-ear setups are killer for the money. The audio quality isn't very inspiring, but I'm not sure if any in-ear phones are that great in this department.

Sorry for digging out the old thread, but ... I've used Sennheiser CX300 phones with my iphone during last years. In generally (sound etc) they are OK, but the problem is that they break way too easily - they seem to be just too fragile for day-to-day use. Looking at reviews in Amazon it seems that it's not my personal problem. Any recommendations in same audio-quality/price/etc league, but with better build quality?

The new Shure models SE535, 425 and 315 come with a detachable cable and some other tweaks. As the cable is the first thing to break, this looks promising! Time will tell how they'll last.

Yeah, but a cable for these alone costs twice as much as cx300 ;).