In Flames begin work on new material

omnipotence

Ingenuity Seeker
Jul 30, 2004
Far Away From the Sun
"IN FLAMES are at home in Gothenburg, Sweden enjoying a well-deserved break after all the tours and gigs during 2004 in support of the band's latest CD, "Soundtrack to your Escape". Guitarists Björn Gelotte and Jesper Strömblad have already begun work on new material in the band's new studio.

IN FLAMES' next live performance will take place at Carling Apollo Hammersmith in London, England on December 27. Also appearing on the bill will be LACUNA COIL, CALIBAN and CHIMAIRA."

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=28430

That was quick as hell.

I don't know whether I should be excited, or what.
Atleast from R2R to STYE they improved, atleast they haven't gone any more down hill.

I my self am excited. They spent alot of time witht he guys In Killswitch this year ( which is fine in my book) so Im sure in one of ADAM D's drunken stoopers he told Anders or Jesper how much he loved WHoracle. Think about it.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
I my self am excited. They spent alot of time witht he guys In Killswitch this year ( which is fine in my book) so Im sure in one of ADAM D's drunken stoopers he told Anders or Jesper how much he loved WHoracle. Think about it.

Yeah. But Anders singing hardcore?

Devillicus said:
If in In Flames go further in that direction, I'm out, I'm gone, I'm a dot.

How would they go further in that direction since they havent even started in that direction and if your saying Their newer more nu metal sound sounds anything like KILLSWITCH then your very mistaken.

How would they go further in that direction since they havent even started in that direction and if your saying Their newer more nu metal sound sounds anything like KILLSWITCH then your very mistaken.

No, I was referring more to the 'Anders singing hardcore?' thing. I think In Flames have stripped their sound back too far as it is, and I think it would be a sad thing if their music devolved further towards simplistic three chord hardcore. This isn't intended as a slight on hardcore, I enjoy a handful of hardcore bands, and while it's nice, In Flames have shown that they are capable of so much more than that.

Simplistic three chord hardcore would not be cool but I think Unearth, Killswitch and shadows Fall are really good metalcore bands. Shadows Fall has alot of riffs in their stuff and the guy for Unearth is doing some DEATH TRIBUTE album and Killswitch to me is basically the INFLAMES of America.

NOW IF THEY STARTED PLAYING HATEBREED LIKE STUFF THEN I WOULD CRY LIKE ALITTLE GIRL. Hatebreed sucks so bad.

Metalcore is the new "nu metal." Music that heavily embraces hardcore vocal styles and breakdowns needs complete distance from Gothenburg. Death to fake metal. End.

Dreadful said:
Metalcore is the new "nu metal." Music that heavily embraces hardcore vocal styles and breakdowns needs complete distance from Gothenburg. Death to fake metal. End.

Uhh last time I checked they dont play metalcore alot on the radio and nu metal is really popular on the radio with bands like DIsturbed , Korn, Chevelle, Three Days GRace. SHit like that. I dont see bands that play solos and melodies and more complex arrangements being classified as Nu metal. Ive heard Killswitch one time on the radio, three months ago and thats it. I dont see Unearth, Killswitch, Shadows, Lamb Of GOd, Caliban, or God Forbid being played on MTV day and night. Only on Headbangers BAll. WHich some people ditest HB as well but its all we have. HOw are some hardcore vocals really that much difference from the death vox or the black metal vox. Some of it sounds the same. Also I really hate regular hardcore. Straight harcore with no melodies and shit sucks. ALso bands like Atreyu and Bleeding Through, even though I dont like them, dont aasociate themselves with the Gothenburg sound but just add old school metal element to their music cause they like it.

Only on Headbangers BAll. WHich some people ditest HB as well but its all we have.

Do you need your music to be part of the mass media? I haven't watched music on TV or heard it on radio in months and I couldn't be happier.

In general I don't like Headbangers Ball, I think I saw Arch Enemy on there once, but other than that, I just couldn't be bothered.

Killswitch Engage is the only decent metalcore I like.

What about The Red Chord, BTBAM, Shai Hulud, Unearth, Circle Takes the Square, Shadows Fall, Dillinger Escape Plan, or Blood Has Been Shed?