In Flames to enter studio next week

Okay my bad then, but the other two points still apply. I knew he was a singer of some band, the band I thought about was Dawn, metal archives says their still active but they haven't released anything since 1998 so I dunno.

And no worries, I am somewhat still stuck in the mid 90's when it comes to Swedish metal. Dawn was one of my fav's but hasnt done anything in FOREVER. Subterranean is my all time favorite IF album also. Its what bridged the gap from Lunar Strain to Jester Race for me.

at Evil Dead: Do you know why I like Anders ? He know what he is saying.. he feels it.. so he can trust it.. and you can trust him then.. I agree with him, but I could get his ideas wrong way, it always will be mine way.. but I have found beauty in that..
Its like Stanne in Dark Tranquillity.. You can feel it..

Because Anders vocals are awful. Shit, Tomas Lindberg can still do bad ass vocals..get him..get someone that has a presence. Also toss in a guitar player who isnt a drummer moonlighting as a guitar player. Then again, Im just an "old school" IF fan.
Well where do I start..Anders vocals being awful is entirely your own opinion, and I disagree. His vocals nowadays are much more diverse than before. And you do know that Björn IS a guitar player, he never was a drummer. He was literally more of a stand-in on that. But then again as you said you are just an old school IF fan. I'm sorry to say but 95% of you guys are ignorant as fuck, also often elitists. I'm not saying you are but you get my idea. But this is a thread about the new album, and I CBA to discuss whether IF sold out or whatever you old schoolers think, it will lead to nowhere as we most likely will disagree, if you don't like new IF you don't have to listen to them :) There's no need running around yelling that they suck or that they are sellouts for not playing the same music like they did 14 years ago. It's hard to satisfy everyone, you don't necessarily have to agree with every album a band makes, but then you can just listen to the other ones. You don't have to be retarded going around screaming ''These guys suck! They are sellouts''.
Excuse my little OP rant but who cares really, we are like 5 people in this forum in total anyways.

Well where do I start..Anders vocals being awful is entirely your own opinion, and I disagree. His vocals nowadays are much more diverse than before. And you do know that Björn IS a guitar player, he never was a drummer. He was literally more of a stand-in on that. But then again as you said you are just an old school IF fan. I'm sorry to say but 95% of you guys are ignorant as fuck, also often elitists. I'm not saying you are but you get my idea. But this is a thread about the new album, and I CBA to discuss whether IF sold out or whatever you old schoolers think, it will lead to nowhere as we most likely will disagree, if you don't like new IF you don't have to listen to them :) There's no need running around yelling that they suck or that they are sellouts for not playing the same music like they did 14 years ago. It's hard to satisfy everyone, you don't necessarily have to agree with every album a band makes, but then you can just listen to the other ones. You don't have to be retarded going around screaming ''These guys suck! They are sellouts''.
Excuse my little OP rant but who cares really, we are like 5 people in this forum in total anyways.

I like the older stuff a lot more, but even though I really don't like the sound of his vocals that much as compared to like 10 years ago or more, he really is more diverse now. He could make his vocals a tab bit less whiny sounding though, and it would be nice.

I like the older stuff a lot more, but even though I really don't like the sound of his vocals that much as compared to like 10 years ago or more, he really is more diverse now. He could make his vocals a tab bit less whiny sounding though, and it would be nice.
Yeah I personally agree somewhat. A few times his clean vocals sounds very ''whiny'', it's when he puts a lot of emotion into them it sounds like that at times, but it's not really annoying me. My favorite album is Whoracle, but I love everything they've done really, but I think I like the older just a tiny tiny bit more, but it all depends on which mood I'm in, and that's what I love about IF, if I listen to some old stuff for a while, then I feel like I want something different, then I just put on something from the newer albums.
Anders 14 years ago had one vocal style, Anders now has cleans, high, mid & low screams and growls, so whether you like it or not, he really is more diverse nowadays.

ALL IF albums kick ass!! From Lunar Strain all the way to ASOP. I discovered IF when RTR came out, checked out their older stuff and liked it as well...Been listening to them since...The Jester Race/Black Ash Inheritance and Colony are my favorites out of all 9 albums of theirs that I own.

I don't think they'll get a studio guitarist to fill in for the missing Jesper...why do that when Bjorn can handle the rhythms AND leads? It would make sense to me that they might get a guitarist for touring purposes, but that is assuming that they will put out a record with dual guitar parts...who's to say for sure?

Yeah I personally agree somewhat. A few times his clean vocals sounds very ''whiny'', it's when he puts a lot of emotion into them it sounds like that at times, but it's not really annoying me. My favorite album is Whoracle, but I love everything they've done really, but I think I like the older just a tiny tiny bit more, but it all depends on which mood I'm in, and that's what I love about IF, if I listen to some old stuff for a while, then I feel like I want something different, then I just put on something from the newer albums.
Anders 14 years ago had one vocal style, Anders now has cleans, high, mid & low screams and growls, so whether you like it or not, he really is more diverse nowadays.

He is diverse but I don't think he utilizes the full capacity of his voice.
It's confusing how different he sounds on the older albums sometimes, almost like it's a completely different person. His singing voice sounds more like his natural talking voice now though.

I would honestly like to see something more melodic, they should experiment and maybe make a folk metal album or a power//death metal album like or ..

Without Jesper in the band, it would be the perfect time to experiment and possibly make something similar to their roots but with a fresh new sound.. Throw some speed metal in, make it more melodic, hire a keyboardist or a violinist..

Last edited by a moderator:
Please not a power metal album. I don't want another Children Of Bodom.

I love when IF is making a new album because you NEVER know which type of sound the album is going to have. This week we at Jesterhead will start to get exclusive videos as well, will be awesome =)

I also love TCP...The ending is crazy good.
Yeah seriously isn't it? The last two minutes of the song is fucking EPIC! That synth...and Anders cleans have never been that good. Nowadays it's actually one of my fav songs in ASOP. Btw, you should totally join Jesterhead if you haven't already..You're gonna miss out on awesome exclusive videos :)
We're getting one video this week already.

I would honestly like to see something more melodic, they should experiment and maybe make a folk metal album or a power//death metal album like Raintime or Dominia..

Without Jesper in the band, it would be the perfect time to experiment and possibly make something similar to their roots but with a fresh new sound.. Throw some speed metal in, make it more melodic, hire a keyboardist or a violinist..

Listen to Subterranean.