In Memorium- Chuck Schuldiner

kittybeast

Apr 20, 2004
Always Somewhere!
Charles Michael Schuldiner (May 13, 1967, Long Island, New York –December 13, 2001)

I know many of us admired his work, dedication and talent. And once again we'll single out a musician who touched us in some way and made our days brighter. Thank you Chuck! R.I.P.

True Chuck died on my B-day, I always forgot about it. Yesterday I was recording Control Denied album, maybe was a subconscious tribute.

Never liked Death mainly because of the vocals, but was indeed the most extraordinary of all DM bands, Chuck knew how and when to expand the horizon. I heard them in the beginning ("courtesy" of a friend) and in a sense revisited them from time to time, and I was amazed how he change from "Screm Bloody Gore" to "Individual Thought Patterns" and the to "The Sound Of Perseverance" . When Control Denied came out I was very in hope of something really big, sadly cancer took him away.

May he rest in peace.

NP: Mark Boals - 'Atlantis'

Just finished listening to everything from the Mantas demos up until Control Denied. It's amazing how close I feel to someone I never even got to meet. At least I got to see him live on the Perseverance tour. I love ya Chuck. You will always be the greatest.

Home_Chuck_rip.jpg

And I hope the issue concerning the second Control Denied album will be solved one day... :erk:

Probably my most favorite metal musician of all...
Thought provoking lyrics, superb songwriting and musicianship, what more could a man ask for?! Death was THE band, through all of its phases! :worship:

I listened to Death ever since I got into metal (somewhere round 1990-1991) and was a bigtime fan ever since. Maiden put it well, "only the good die young"... :erk: One cannot help but wonder where his limits would be (if there were any...), who knows what good music we've been deprived of.
Here we were showing a few Death video concerts, along with the two promos and Chuck's interview for MTV, in memory of Chuck. Need I say the place was packed...

I have listened to Death since 1993 for Individual Thought Patterns, due to hearing a new project that Andy LaRocque was doing. And I have been a junkie ever since. Symbolic is one of my top 50 all time albums and Chuck was just amazing. I'm glad I met him and saw him on the SOP tour. He was an unbelievable talent and he said things the way you should, from the heart. A total loss to the Metal community that will probably never be overcome, IMO.

And what an unbelievable lyricist as well. Just check out anything off of Symbolic.

Walter_Langkowski said:
I'm glad I met him and saw him on the SOP tour.

:erk: I never got to see Death live...
The nearest place they played in was Vienna on TSOP tour. I was 20 at the time and had no funds for the trip... :yell:

He was an unbelievable talent and he said things the way you should, from the heart. A total loss to the Metal community that will probably never be overcome, IMO.

I totally agree! Of course, I didn't know Chuck personally, but he always seemed like a very reasonable and down-to-earth guy to me...
I really like his paroles "let the metal flow" and "support music, not rumors", they really carry the essence of what metal's supposed to be. :worship:

And what an unbelievable lyricist as well. Just check out anything off of Symbolic.

Or Individual... or Human or... you get it. ;)