In Mist she was Standing vs. Advent

In Mist she was Standing vs. Advent

• Total voters
Moonlapse said:
In Mist... no contest. Better riffs, better buildups and better climax.
While I agree with that... I still choose Advent, simply because it's been my favorite Opeth song since I first heard Morningrise and was simply blown away.

voted Mist... for basically the reasons Moonlapse gave... and Advent, except for a couple of the acoustic sections maybe, just doesn't stick out to me as anything special... especially at 2:05... the riff sounds just like Nectar's opening riff just about (which i'm not very fond of anyway), so it just feels all repetetive... and other then that it sounds like basically like everything else on Orchid and Morningrise... i dunno... i like Orchid and Morningrise, don't get me wrong... but for the most part i find them a bit boring and they can lose my attention fast, save for a couple songs or so... like Under the Weeping Moon and In Mist... it's still all very great music nonetheless...

Most epic track goes to..."in the mist she was standing." This decision was kinda hard to be honest...it's sorta like choosing between Death - Human or Death - Individual thought patterns.

I'd have to go with Advent. For some reason Mist doesn't really do much for me. It's actually one of my least favorites on Orchid.