In search of a board

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
I am in search of a board mainly for the practising room (just vocal mixing), but ocasionally to record some rehearsal or even live show. So I need about 16 channels.
And it would be furcking great if it had Firewire or USB to connect an external HD, pendrive or whatever memory... or even built in.

Allen & Heath Zed R16 would give you all 16 channels plus the master output through firewire. Though it's possibly more than you're looking to spend (£1500) Great desk though, I'm using it as the whole centre of my recording setup and I love it!

On a budget there's the Alesis Firewire series which is a lower quality desk but gives again gives you seperate tracks via firewire, or you could get the cheaper Allen & Heath Zed's that just record the stereo output via usb.

Allen & Heath Zed R16 would give you all 16 channels plus the master output through firewire. Though it's possibly more than you're looking to spend (£1500) Great desk though, I'm using it as the whole centre of my recording setup and I love it!

This!

I've been using 2 Allen & Heath Mixwizard 16:2's (one for live shows, one for studio work mainly drums). They sound great! I just wish I had the USB/Firewire connectivity of the Zeds. Mackie's are ok, but their quality has really slipped since the 90's. I would go with an Allen & Heath, no doubt! :devil:

On a budget there's the Alesis Firewire series which is a lower quality desk but gives again gives you seperate tracks via firewire, or you could get the cheaper Allen & Heath Zed's that just record the stereo output via usb.

My mixes made a quantum leap when I got the Zed-R16.
Best upgrade I ever made. Seriously cheap for what you are getting.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/backline/743269-itb-versus-zed-r16-mp3s.html

This!

I've been using 2 Allen & Heath Mixwizard 16:2's (one for live shows, one for studio work mainly drums). They sound great! I just wish I had the USB/Firewire connectivity of the Zeds. Mackie's are ok, but their quality has really slipped since the 90's. I would go with an Allen & Heath, no doubt! :devil:

Back before I had a decent pro tools setup I was using a Mixwizard 16 into a Alesis HD24 for recording drums. Fantastic little desks!