In The End

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
Okay I gotta be honest, I've never really liked this song. To me the verse, pre-chorus and chorus all run together with no climatic change and the tempo doesn't change until later in the song. Obviously I love the point of the song which is honoring our fallen greats and it's a great tribute. BUT...

Still doing this live paying tribute to Dime and Dio is cool, but damn it's been a while! All metal greats are going to die like all of us, isn't it time to move on? I hate to seem insensitive but with a setlist of nothing but classics I'd rather hear something else new other than this song, pretty much anything else off of Worship. We all love Dime and Dio and they helped shape our lives, but so did my grandma, let's hear something else;) Don't hate me I'm sensitive:lol:

Okay I gotta be honest, I've never really liked this song. To me the verse, pre-chorus and chorus all run together with no climatic change and the tempo doesn't change until later in the song. Obviously I love the point of the song which is honoring our fallen greats and it's a great tribute. BUT...

Still doing this live paying tribute to Dime and Dio is cool, but damn it's been a while! All metal greats are going to die like all of us, isn't it time to move on? I hate to seem insensitive but with a setlist of nothing but classics I'd rather hear something else new other than this song, pretty much anything else off of Worship. We all love Dime and Dio and they helped shape our lives, but so did my grandma, let's hear something else;) Don't hate me I'm sensitive:lol:

I completely get what your saying,it's a good song but there are much better on the record,even having heard it live it doesn't have the impact that's intended,give me the constant anyway of the week;)

I still love that tune as much as I did when Worship came out. It gets a killer response live too. I guess they keep the Dime / Dio banners out cause that's simply what the song is about, not because they're still "mourning"their passings etc.

Truthfully, I'd prefer them to drop the covers to make room for something else, but that's just my opinion.

It's a good song, but certainly not the best on the records. It gets a bit boring towards the end. It's a kind of in the Dio vibe. I always thought it's more of a tribute to Dio than Dime.

Im fine with this song BUT for a full headliner set I'd rather they throw in Joey solo song(s) and Bush era song(s) in place of the covers to mix things up more. There are some thrashier songs Joey wrote with his solo band that would sound AWESOME with Anthrax performing them live.

I'd rather hear that over the cover tunes.

I completely get what your saying,it's a good song but there are much better on the record,even having heard it live it doesn't have the impact that's intended,give me the constant anyway of the week;)
Hell yes would love to hear The Constant live, I just would hate to have a brand new song when the album comes out bumped for In The End, I hope they drop it and move on with new material! In The End is good but not a staple in the set!

The Constant is the number one Anthrax song I want to hear live. It was soundchecked at least once in 2012 I know, so I still hold out faith that it will be played live someday...

The Constant is one of the most boring songs they have ever written. I've heard it many times yet I still can't remember the riffs or the melody.

I'm the complete opposite - In the End is one of my favourites on the album.