In the Woods - Omnio questions.

Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Ok, I've only heard 3 minutes of the titled track, but I like what I heard, and I figure some of the guys are in Green Carnation now, so I can't go wrong..but I do have a few questions.

What is their least black metalish album? Is it Omnio?
Are their alot of black metal parts, and could you describe them for me? I'm really not a fan of black metal, so I'd hope that they're tolerable. And do they have an official site?

Thanks.

ok, let's answer as far as i know.

i've got all the 4 official in the woods... albums. the only cd with black metal parts is the first one, called HEart of the ages. well, melodies on that album are good, but i can't stand the horrible [from my point of view] screamings on it. then, they completely changed direction with omnio, and ended up with prog\psychedelic influences on the last one, called "3 times 7 on a pilgrimage". the album is so-called because is a compilation where they put up the three 7" published after the 3rd album, "strange in stereo".

there's also a cd called "return to the isle of man" where figure out the demos. never heard it, but ithink is the MOST black metalish release.

so, buy omnio, strange in stereo and 3 times... because they're great albums in my opinion. especially the last one, with covers from king crimson [epitaph], pink floyd [let there be more light], jefferson airplane [white rabbit] and syd barrett [if it's on you], and it contains one of the most beautiful instrumental songs i've ever heard [mourning the death of aase].

about the official site, there was one on the darkwood servers, but in the woods... exist no more, and this site too.

bye.

Thanks alot for your help man. I knew they had broke up, but I didn't see any site for them, not even a departed forum over here. So Omnio really has 0 black metal parts on it? That's great, but I read some review that said it did, oh well, you're probably right. I'll definately pick it up. Thanks again.

fuck the reviews! omnio is NOT black metal, is simply fantastic music for your hears. and the same for the other two albums who followed.

Heh, I understood what you meant. I'm going to at least try to get the full version of one song on Omnio, then buy the cd, take it in, then do the same with the following one's.

there is supposed to be a live album coming out too.. the last gig in Kristiansand, Norway.. but I haven't heard about it for quite some time.

Ok, I was searching around for some info, and I found this great piece of news.
At this site, http://212.20.204.61/ , you'll find a link to the current In the Woods site at the bottom. At this site, you'll be able to read some about the upcoming live material, as well as download a song from it.. which sounds pretty damn good!

Also, don't miss out on this:
Go through the link "brand new brand" and find the downloadable mp3s... listen to the x-botteri track, "How long can we wait".
You can clearly hear the In the Woods influences in the beginning.. but when the singing starts... he he.. you'll understand why none of the ItW people can't make it on their own. Just horrible, and the lyrics are the worst imaginable.

Originally posted by dolphz
In the Woods has great music but TERRIBLE vocals. Go for Winds or Green Carnation instead.

Are we listening to the same In The Woods? I think not. Unless you're refering to the vocals on the material before Omnio...Omnio has fantastic vocals.

Jan is a fucking amazing vocalist!! Some people...... ;)

Omnio is absolutely black metal, but not like any black metal you've ever heard- a sizeable doom influence drowns it out, it's not black metal in the aggressive sense, just some of the guitar stylings (on a purely technical level). You need this album, it's fucking amazing!!!!

Well black metal is probably my least favorite genre of rock/metal, so I try and keep that label away from them lol. I'm not close minded to it though, considering I liked a few Absu songs. Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone, and to whoever said the vocals are terrible, three lashes with a shoe string to you sir ;).