Incantation - Diabolical Conquest

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
I just listened to this record again, and I must admit that I seldom have received such a severe asskicking than this here album gave me. It's death metal on its absolutely finest. The band conjurs some pretty dark images with their music, and it's got this brilliant flow throughout the whole album. Mid-tempo passages tend to bore me sometimes, but I'm surprised to say that Incantation are almost as good when playing in mid-tempo than they are when they play faster stuff. They sometimes resemble Immolation (especially the album "Close To A World Below"), only they are better (imo). The riffs are some of the best I've ever heard, and the drumming is fantastic. Perhaps not the most technical drumming, but extremely good. Some death metal songs are ruined by too much blast beating, but I feel that the blast beating on this record is a bit.. different. It sounds just right every time the blast beats are used. The best song is probably "Shadows Of The Ancient Empire", or the epic 17 minute song Unto Infinite Twilight/Majesty Of Infernal Damnation. CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!!

Haven't heard Blasphemy, so I can't really compare the two. Do check out Diabolical Conquest, though. It's like Immolation without all the weird tempo changes, and with more flow, speed, and dare I say energy.

Y'know, I've never bothered to check these guys out. If my memory serves correct, I think someone said they were goth metal (years ago) and have always allowed actually listening to their music.

'Bout time I heard what they're about.

goth metal? HAHAHAHAHAHAH.....

they are deathmetal in the purest sense of the word..

Hails to John McEntee for keeping the oldschool deathmetal spirit alive! One of my favorite bands!