Individual Cymbal Panning in S2.0

LeoBurgg

Feb 16, 2010
Bronx, NY
Hey guys. Is there any way to pan individual cymbals in superior 2.0? For example I like panning the drums from a drummers perspective (Hi-Hats to the left, Ride cymbal to the right) but I wanna move just the China to the right channel, is there any way of doing this? thanks.

not that i know of, i have thought the same thing and why they havent incorporated it, maybe i just couldnt figure it out. You can always reverse the pan on the OH mics, but that will switch everything around

Nope, it's designed to emulate a drumkit mic'd up in a room, and nothing else.

If you want to just reverse the panning from audience to drummer or vice versa, there's a switch for that on the left hand side of the S2.0 mixer.

I have a china that I'd like to have on the right side, but it's on the left. So there's absolutely no way to make it sound from the right side? Not even by adding one of those X-drum instruments (whatever piece of kit you want)

I have a china that I'd like to have on the right side, but it's on the left. So there's absolutely no way to make it sound from the right side? Not even by adding one of those X-drum instruments (whatever piece of kit you want)

The only way is to load a seperate instance of s2.0 and pan it the opposite way (audience instead of drummer, or vice versa), and use it for only that cymbal. The bleed won't be right, but it'll work.

Aside from splashes, I don't get what the problems with placement are? The china's on the ride-side of the kit sound way better than the ones on the hat side (in Avatar), and that's where the main china should be anyways.

Aside from splashes, I don't get what the problems with placement are? The china's on the ride-side of the kit sound way better than the ones on the hat side (in Avatar), and that's where the main china should be anyways.

You can select chinas on either side, and for some reason the Sabian AAX 20" china which I happen to like the most, is only available on the left side of the kit. I'll probably have to load a new instance, it's kind of annoying to have the china on the wrong side.

The best is to bounce your drum and choose to split OH's mic, then you can pan all the cymbals like you want !

Can't you load whatever cymbal you want in x-drum then specify it's own mic you want for it?

Go on YouTube and search Superior Drummer, 2 of the guys from ToonTrack do a runthrough the program and do that, and then it has it's own channel strip in the superior mixer, which can then be panned.