Individual Tracks for Mixing Practice (Metalcore-ish)

Logshreds

Logshreds
Mar 24, 2011
LA
Hey guys,
I've seen this done on this forum before and thought it would be fun to see what the talented mixers on here can do. I recorded a metalcore EP a little while back and was never really happy with my mixes (i'm relatively inexperienced so its not really a surprise), but I thought, heck, why not let some other people with more experience in the field give it a shot.

So here are the roots of the track, iso-ed and cleaned up a little. Happy mixing to anyone who wants to :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?jtumfzf5ysw3d5t

download finish .. but there's no bass track ?
and some suggestion I thing is good if you put the drum midi files so we can re build the drum track with favorite kick, snare etc :D

Hey guys, I realize now theres something wrong with most everything in that bundle up there in terms of too much FX, not the DI source, no bass track haha. so I'm gonna re-export and upload the vocals unaffected, the guitar DI's, my lost bass track (which was a pitch shifted guitar to begin with), and the drum midi in a little while, check back in an hour or two and I'll have everything posted!

The guitars sound a little gritty like they could use smoothing out but i REALLY like what you did with the vocals! good work guys :)

sorry for the late response, give me some time and I'll see if i can find the original separated files. in the mean time, anyone else doing some mixing? :D