Inearthed demo - intro from second reality!!!!!

delt

and his staff
Nov 27, 2001
Montréal, Canada
www.deimos.ca
I'm listening to the Inearthed demo "ubiguitous absence of remission" and the intro is a very familiar one, from a PC demo program called "second reality" that was made in 1993. This demo was created by a finnish group of programmers/musicians/graphic artists called "Future crew" and won 1st prize at the Assembly demo competition in Helsinki, in summer 1993. It lasts about 17 minutes long, and the intro (part heard on the inearthed demo) and ending parts were composed by Peter Hajba (alias Skaven) while the rest was composed by Jonne Valtonen (alias Purple Motion) These two, especially PM, have been the best musicians ever known to the PC demoscene through the 90's. Listening to the demo (album) after the explosion sound i was expecting to hear pm's track to start playing!! :) :)

i can put up mp3's of second reality's soundtrack if anyone is interested, in much better quality than the intro on ubiguitous....... it's mostly very good techno, tho the parts composed by Skaven (beginning and end) are more dark/soundtrack style with a raw sound.

Yeah and you are absolutely 100% sure that he has heard that intro? Jeez, your pathetic suspections are getting more and more paranoid everyday...

fridaY13th said:
ill probably rip off the lake bodom riff in a song. cause it kicks ass

the end lead

JAUUUU do do do do, do do dododo do do, do do do, do do do do do, DO, do DOO

that one
Have a listen to Twilight Symphony by Stratovarious. Alexi allready ripped the intro to Lake Bodom from them. Allthough it's not an intro in their song.. it's a keyboard melody a little ways in. So you would be ripping 2 people off then. :D

Yeah.. well I have known it for long time already, since I first heard that intro from Inearthed. I read from some interview that Alexi or Jaska (can't remember) knows the composer and had asked permission to use that intro in their demo...

And by the way.. it's not just a familiar one, it's 100% the same song :dopey:

> Yeah and you are absolutely 100% sure that he has heard that intro? Jeez, your
> pathetic suspections are getting more and more paranoid everyday...

Re-read above, and read below. and practice that before posting bullshit.

> And by the way.. it's not just a familiar one, it's 100% the same song
glotz.gif

That's what i was saying. But they sampled it directly from an old PC running either 2ndreality - or Scream tracker 3, the sequencer that was used to create the music - which both give crap sound quality. And as you notice it's also in mono. That was the best they could do 10 years ago.....

... and i suspected the CoB guys and Peter Hajba knew each other, since they used his intro on their album.

anyway, i ripped the ST3 modules and rendered them in high quality. here are the mp3's so that people not familiar with 2nd reality can hear the whole thing --->

http://razorback.ca/secondreality/01._intro.mp3
http://razorback.ca/secondreality/02._demo_begins.mp3
http://razorback.ca/secondreality/03._demo_continues.mp3
http://razorback.ca/secondreality/04._ending.mp3

delt said:
Re-read above, and read below. and practice that before posting bullshit.
Ok, I apologize...I didn't read the other posts. Thought this was a similar thread to that one in which some Dissection fan whined about CoB stealing riffs.

> Ok, I apologize...I didn't read the other posts. Thought this was a similar thread to that
> one in which some Dissection fan whined about CoB stealing riffs.

that was a pathetic troll desperate for some attention. at least i don't think i am like that .... :) :)

> CoB steal some riffs but...who doesn't? for God's shake there are only
> 6 fucking strings!!!

true.... if a metal riff sounds similar to another metal riff, to me it's called being in the same style.

hehehhehe yeah, micro$oft winDos junk..... nothing's compatible even on the same hardware platform. everyone's stuck using that piece of shit because everyone else is stuck using that piece of shit.

that demo ran on old intel 386 and 486 machines (before the first pentiums came out) at 33MHz with about 8 megs of 30-pin memory, which was bleeding-edge technology when it was made. it was a few years later that bill gate$ pwned the ignorant masses of computer-newbie morons with his fucking windowz junk.