Inferno Festival 2005

Henrik Main

Hello
Aug 10, 2002
Norway
Visit site
Infernobakgrunn-for-web.jpg

March 24-26th, Oslo, Norway. Pretty good line-up, but last year's was a little bit better, I think (Aeternus, Zyklon, Enslaved, Decapitated, etc). Morbid Angel, Arcturus, Gehenna, Bloodthorn, Tsjuder, Vreid, Chton rock hard, though, and I suspect that I will like Grave, Nebular Mystic, Seth, Gorelord and Goatlord too. Any of you Swedish/Finnish people going?

Edit: Aura Noir, Amon Amarth and Grimfist will probably RULE live too, although I'm not too big a fan of their back catalogues.

I was there in '03 and '04, but unfortunately, I just can't spare the money this year. :(

But no biggie. The line-up is hardly impressive. So much for a grand five year anniversary.

Argh, I forgot we've got a Norwegian forum regular too, sorry :oops:

Oh well, too bad that you're missing out on this one, I'll probably be going 2 of the days myself. I was hoping for Keep Of Kalessin and Satyricon w/Nocturno Culto myself, but Morbid Angel and Arcturus are \m/ too.

Yeah, if I were to go, it would definately be to see Morbid Angel. I don't know, maybe I'll save up to a one day pass, but it depends on if whether or not I know anyone who's going. Candlemass would be pretty damn sweet to see, too, but I don't think I'll be missing out on anything important as far as the last headliner goes. Dissection isn't really all that good live, and their material is pretty average, in my opinion. Would be cool to see Amon Amarth again, though... And I can't believe Nebular Mystic is playing! :D They're so incredibly funny!

I dunno...that's a pretty good line up IMO.

Someone explain, with only two real albums under their belts, how do Dissection get the headline spot? What's the fucking hoopla with them already? (Any answers alluding to events outside of performing/recording music are null & void).

The whole reunion after serving time for stabbing a guy thirty times thing got them the headline spot over Morbidmass of course. I'd attend this fest just for Green Carnation, Arcturus, Amon Amarth, and SunnO))))))))))))).

(rereads Jay's post, realizes the joke is ruined, posts it anyway)

Dissection, Morbid Angel, and Sunn O))). I would like to be in Norway this March. Doubt it will happen.

Demonspell said:
The whole reunion after serving time for stabbing a guy thirty times thing got them the headline spot
So gimmicks really do work. You'd think that many, many more people would follow suit and just kill someone already. Gosh, Hammerfall are one homocide away from becoming the next Iron Maiden. :loco:

I mean, who the heck does Trey Azagthoth think he is anyway? All he does is strum quickly. :tickled: