Ingermanland albums

Shaft

The Gear
Mar 2, 2011
Croatia
Hello!

I am a big fan of Communic's music, and only recently I've heard some songs from the pre-Communic 'Ingermanland' - and it's really awesome stuff. So I was wondering, since the physical CD is impossible to get, could the two Ingermanland albums be offered as a digital download (in high quality mp3 or possibly even a lossless format like FLAC). And if there are no plans for an official digital release, maybe the Communic band members (or a forum member, perhaps?) could rip the CD and make it available for download on a file sharing service (rapidshare, megaupload, etc.)

I know it's maybe asking too much, but I would really like to hear the two albums in a decent sound quality; it would be a waste for that music to simply become forgotten.

Hi, man. Yes, I get quite some request regarding these two demo-albums. Thing is that the songs on these is really cool stuff, but the quality is not that sweet as it was recorded and produced by myself, really lowcost on crappy equipment years ago. My hope is that we can re-record these songs at some point, that is why we are keeping it a bit close. Some of the Communic songs goes way back in time, like "They Feed On Our Fear" was even written before I even started on the Ingermanland stuff, back in 1994/95.

Oddleif

Thanks for a quick reply. I hope the plans for re-recording the songs come to fruition (sooner rather than later).

Check out Scariot too, when Oddleif was in the band, its good :D (but its a bit different to communic)

I just recently found a box of a few old and rare CLAIRVOYA CD's in my basement.
It's the demo called "Electric Sun".

The band transformed into Ingermanland, and then mutated into Communic. It contains only two songs, but the length of the cd-single is 22 minutes. Me and Erik and a different drummer then today, also a guy on keyboard, but you can hear where we are coming from. The two songs are quite cool still today, and I can't believe why we didn't get signed back then!! - guess its beause my singing totally sucks, but the playing is fairly ok. A bit more symphonic and progressive.

Wonder If I should put these few CD's up on the webshop or let them collect dust.

@bst
Yeah, I've heard the "Strange to Numbers" album; I like it quite a lot, contrary to the other albums by Scariot, which are very 'meh'.

@Stoneland
Well, I for one would like to hear Clairvoya. I am for putting them to the webshop, BUT... since they're limited and rare, I suppose they'll be somewhat pricey. So my suggestion is to put the physical CD's up to sale for collectors, and make a digital download version (if possible), for others.

I just recently found a box of a few old and rare CLAIRVOYA CD's in my basement.
It's the demo called "Electric Sun".

The band transformed into Ingermanland, and then mutated into Communic. It contains only two songs, but the length of the cd-single is 22 minutes. Me and Erik and a different drummer then today, also a guy on keyboard, but you can hear where we are coming from. The two songs are quite cool still today, and I can't believe why we didn't get signed back then!! - guess its beause my singing totally sucks, but the playing is fairly ok. A bit more symphonic and progressive.

Wonder If I should put these few CD's up on the webshop or let them collect dust.

You can always re-record them and use them as bonus tracks at some point.