Inner Circle is amazing

jaimek said:
I discovered a typo in Tom's note at the end that was rather Freudian: "Do not ever let it be upon another person to deicide your fate for you: not even God..."

Good eyes there Jaimek! I wonder if Tom did that intentionally or by mistake ... it is definitely a Freudian moment though! Or maybe Tom is just a huge Death Metal fan! :p

Evergrey, thanks for the kind words! :)

Oakenson said:
Good eyes there Jaimek! I wonder if Tom did that intentionally or by mistake ... it is definitely a Freudian moment though! Or maybe Tom is just a huge Death Metal fan! :p

Evergrey, thanks for the kind words! :)
I saw a few mistakes. Third paragraph, I think the word was "finallly" with 3 L's. Also there was a "a" when it should have been "an".

Just picked up the album today around noon and im loving it. I've gave it about 3 spins now, giving it its forth now... at first i actually didn't like it as much as Recreation Day, but I think its just because there is alot more to take in. But now that I have givin' it time to set in I can honestly say it is my fav. alum in their discography.

Rellek said:
Just picked up the album today around noon and im loving it. I've gave it about 3 spins now, giving it its forth now... at first i actually didn't like it as much as Recreation Day, but I think its just because there is alot more to take in. But now that I have givin' it time to set in I can honestly say it is my fav. alum in their discography.

Thats how i felt as well but i still gotta give this album time before i can fully get into it. Thats also what happend to me with the a perfect circle album "thirteenth step" compared to "mer de noms, but now i like their new album better. So its gonna be like that with evergreys new album most definitly. :headbang:

I still haven't fully gotten into the two soft songs yet. Usually Evergrey's softer songs (I'm Sorry, Madness Caught Another Victim, Trilogy of the Damned, etc.) grow on me more but it's still early.

The two soft songs took a slight while for me too... but now I'm fully in love with them... they're possibly the most delicate and subtle songs in Evergrey's catalogue.

Actually, The Inner Circle is the first Evergrey album that I totally took to on the first listen. I was stuck in traffic actually so I was able to listen through it two times through in the car and I was just amazed. Every song struck me like an atomic bomb right to the heart ... explosive! It was actually pretty nice because I was at a total standstill for some time so I could read the lyrics on the wheel! :) I definitely loved the ballads on the first listen but, as usual, they have since became more powerful upon more listenings which is quite common in the World of Evergrey.

Got my ex tuesday afternoon and have been listening to it as much as I've been able to the past days. I've got to say that this truly is a masterpiece. The style is a mixture between ISOT and RD, with elements of TDD and SDT thrown into the mix. You guys have done it again!

Another thing that was a positive surprise was that the sound quality and production is a large step up from RD. Not that RD was bad, but this is much cripser sounding. It's every bit as good as ISOT (which I always thought had the best production until "The Inner Circle").

I don't know if it was too much of a step up production wise from Recreation Day but I thought the production on that one was amazing as well. I definitely think prodcutionwise, The Inner Circle is leaps and bounds above ISOT, SDT, and TDD

Hey Prog, I would say that picture is a definitely an upgrade from the Flock of Segulls, but what the ..... :) I need an explanation of the new pic immediately!

Oh, I've been listening to it since Wednesday... I've got limited edition - wow, I definitely like the way it designed! As for context... It's something incredible! I listen again and again and just can't stop! So beautiful, so emotional... The lyrics, music, Tom's voice.. together it makes such a strong sense of something unreal... I love it!!!