Inner Wound Recordings now on Twitter

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Like http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/theocracy/742670-ulterium-records-now-twitter.html, Inner Wound Recordings is now on Twitter, too, at:

twitter.com/innerwound

As many of you know, Inner Wound is the sister label to Ulterium. Like the Facebook page, the Twitter feed with provide updates on:

Andromeda (twitter.com/AndromedaOnline)
Enbound (twitter.com/enbound)
Lost in Thought (twitter.com/litofficial)
Malison Rogue (twitter.com/MalisonRogue)
Painside (twitter.com/followthepain)
Shadyon (twitter.com/shadyonmusic)
Signum Regis (twitter.com/SignumRegis)
Soulspell (twitter.com/soulspellmo)

At the very least, I know we have some Andromeda and Soulspell fans in this forum (there's no bigger Soulspell fan than me, of course! :D). And remember, Matt is mastering the upcoming Soulspell album, so time to look into them if you haven't yet :D

Actually, it's not a stupid question at all. Basically, Emil runs both labels, but I can't exactly put my finger on the distinction between the two. It's tempting to say Ulterium is Christian bands and Inner Wound is secular bands, but that's not quite right. This is the closest I can come to an explanation, from an interview with Emil:

From christianhardmusic.niceboard.com/t3373-the-interview-with-emil-from-ulterium-records said:
Q: I would like to know what the label's criteria is for signing new acts, and if they consider themselves a "Christian Label".

A: It's really important that the band "click" for me. I would never sign a band to Ulterium just because I know that it will sell well. I have to enjoy the music, have a good feeling about the guys in the band, and a good general feeling about the band.

Personally I don't want to call a business "christian", that's why I can't see Ulterium Records as a "Christian label". There are christian bands on the label though, and also bands that aren't christian bands, but with christian members.

I'm not sure if that's an accurate assessment. I am actually in the process of getting to know the Ulterium and Inner Wound bands better, so I will come back with better info soon. And you know I'll be letting you all know about the ones I'm digging! \m/

Would it be fair to say Ulterium is more Power Metal and Inner Wound is more symphonic metal?

The genre mix is pretty broad on each label. If I had to peg it, I'd say Ulterium is more power and Inner Wound is more prog, but it's broader than that. Genre breakdown:

Ulterium Records has 5 power metal bands, 1 prog, 1 symphonic, and 2 that are more straight up heavy metal.

Inner Wound Recordings has 3 prog metal bands, 3 power, and 2 that are more straight up heavy metal.

I think the best breakdown I can come up with is that Ulterium has many (but not all) Christian bands. Inner Wound has all secular bands.

SeaStorm, do you have a website of your own? If not, I think you should get one.

I do not. I used to have one when I was doing concert production/promoting, but I let it go when that died down. Maybe down the road I will get one, when I have something to say!

I have personal pages on Facebook and Twitter which I use constantly, but don't actually post a lot. I limit my Facebook pages to people I actually "know". My Twitter feed is twitter.com/jasonseashore, but frankly, I don't post much of interest there ;)