Insanely awesome headbanging heavy metal

Rumpole

Dust and Bones
Apr 18, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
Recommend me some insanely awesome contemporary heavy metal, stuff like Devil Lee Rot or Metalucifer. Fused with a bit of death or black would be cool, but it's got to have a traditional metal base, killer riffs and be 100% METAL. Lyrics about drinking, metal, headbanging etc would also be a plus.

Pantera... I dunno I just headbang to every single song they made.

Cowboys From Hell, Far Beyond Driven and Vulgar Display of Power are their best albums IMO, definately don't go for their glam period if you're not into that. (Cowboys From Hell came out 1990-1991 so anything before that would be glam metal.)

EDIT: Some would call them Groove Metal, but I'm kind of against this really detailed sub-genre thingy so I would call most things Heavy Metal (or Metal). But they are still fucking awesome.

I think anyone who's been on here for 2 years will be familiar with pantera.

Maybe some black/thrash is what you're looking for?
Try maybe Destroyer 666, Skeleton Witch, w/e

http://www.gudsvrede.dk/evil/

The band Evil from Denmark. They are playing KIT and basically only 2 demos. One song is about taking good care of your balls, another being son of the bitch..the EP is allowed to be downloaded from their website, the first track is pretty fuckign awesome, likea minute of a half of a catchy ass riff etc. I think this is waht you would be looking for

After listening to Devil Lee Rot, I think you'd really like High on Fire.

Maybe Primal Fear or something too.

HoF?
I have no idea how you got there from Devil Lee Rot...
HoF are amazing live, pretty meh on album.

http://www.gudsvrede.dk/evil/

The band Evil from Denmark. They are playing KIT and basically only 2 demos. One song is about taking good care of your balls, another being son of the bitch..the EP is allowed to be downloaded from their website, the first track is pretty fuckign awesome, likea minute of a half of a catchy ass riff etc. I think this is waht you would be looking for

Cheers, this is much more what I'm after, this first track is killer!

Not entirely sure but the s/t Nasty Savage may be another one...its more Heavy in the background but his vocals are defitenely leaning toward USPM