Intel i7 2600K

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings!
I'm about to build me my "official" daw, so that my actual pc can be a full gaming pc.

I was checking which processors to buy and was almost certain to go for the i7 950, but then this new one came out intel i7 2600K and is the first one of the 2nd generation i7 technology. any one of you has tried one of these? checking benchmarks in internet its almost as good as the intel 980x. and thats a lot XD.
Also it uses a new socket type lga 1155.

any one tried it?

no one? I've been researching and it appears that the biggest difference is that it does support only 2 ram channels instead of 3. And it is said that soon the Lga 1356 is coming out (replacing the 1366) I hate this, should I wait for the new Processor to come? or should I go for it (the I7 2600K) any ways the lga 1366 is apparently not going to have any new processors, Being the newest one (i know there is another one but still not available) the i7 980 x and extreme cpu, but for 1000 dollars. waaa I can't make up my mind

A 1156 CPU with a P67 board should be fine for a while. You can go nuts trying to wait for the next best thing, because as soon as something comes out there are rumors of a new product in the future. It seems like Intel likes to change the chipset and CPU socket type every year now. Considering that this will be a DAW and not a gaming PC then the current crop of CPU's will be more than adequate.

you mean 1155 right? cause the 1156 is waayy slower than the recent "sandy bridge". and not much cheaper. I think I'll be going with the new i72600K. Have been checking benchmarks and it almost beats a 980X.

http://www.adkproaudio.com/benchmarks.cfm

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

what is mostly worrying me is the "back step" to only two ram channels support. But I guess this wouldn't matter that much if I'm only with 6 gigs ram.

Don't know...I recently bought an i7 950 and it's very fast. I've done some research for a 1155 MB but it seems they are really shitty with only few expansion pci slot....like it should be a cheap solution for cheap computers.

Fuck intel and AMD, motherboards factorys, etc... countinuous profit socket platform change. There must be an organization regulating all the consuming shit and to protect the environment. Its not fair for our planet and there isn't any need to release new sockets to sell more and more chips.