Interesting tidbit w/radio station (bay area)

dano1427

Mar 17, 2003
Concord, Ca.
Anyways, the girfriend was invited by The Bone, 107.7FM (a "classic rock" radio station in the Bay Area) to a focus group due to the station being sold to another company.

The bone is somewhat note worthy in the bay area, mainly due to the demise of KSJO, and Friday night has Billy Steele's Metal Zone program, and he plays all sorts of stuff from local to King Diamond to old Metallica, etc.

Well, the Progarm Director asked around the room what other stuff should be played, and a few people mentioned Enchant by name (as well as some other stuff) as the type of music they would like played.

I thought it was good that people mentioned the band. Maybe someone over there will listen and broaden the station's horizons a bit...

--dan

That's awesome! Now if that could just happen over here in South East Florida with let's say 93.1 FM (metal and rock station) or even 88.5 FM (local high school and college radio station, that just about literally plays everything), that would be even better! ;)

I think The Bone is the station I streamed into Rockline once with Rush or something..and also was trying to stream into Westwood One's b'cast of a Yes show from Vegas.

The Bone is cool..

too bad our local classic rock stations aren't that way..or maybe they'd have helped prevent The Musical Box show here from getting cancelled and promote it..

it would be sweet if they played Enchant..keep us updated on that..

Kyle

Dan

Hey tell your girl to put a word in for us to play Bonebash 2006, a great concert they hold every year at shoreline :cool: that would sell some discs and merch! big time. Doug and I wnet last year and Sean sat in for Long Gone Bon which was awesome. We had a blast!

Actually this is the station we need to get airplay on. we have classics right??? man that makes us sound old :tickled:

Thanks

dano1427 said:
Anyways, the girfriend was invited by The Bone, 107.7FM (a "classic rock" radio station in the Bay Area) to a focus group due to the station being sold to another company.

The bone is somewhat note worthy in the bay area, mainly due to the demise of KSJO, and Friday night has Billy Steele's Metal Zone program, and he plays all sorts of stuff from local to King Diamond to old Metallica, etc.

Well, the Progarm Director asked around the room what other stuff should be played, and a few people mentioned Enchant by name (as well as some other stuff) as the type of music they would like played.

I thought it was good that people mentioned the band. Maybe someone over there will listen and broaden the station's horizons a bit...

--dan

Oh Ed....You guys aren't THAT old ;)

I guess playing stuff on a radio station is a complicated issue involving licensing, etc.

When she was on "Hey Mom, I'm On The Bone" (a contest in which if you are chosen, you get to be a guest DJ for an hour) she had a list of stuff she wanted to play. The programming people would only allow certain songs, and the other stuff they said they couldn't play. I think it was a copyright issue(?)

Either way, I'm sure something could be done with a little push here or there.....

--dan