International CD sales vs. Buying Local

HoWheels

O RLY?
Oct 10, 2005
howheels.org
So undoubtably like many of you Kalmah fans, I couldn't wait for the CD to hit the USA shores, so I ordered the disc directly from Spinefarm, and finally received it today!

Anyways, how many of you plan on also purchasing the USA release?

If not for the sake of collecting ... I feel like the delayed USA will really end up hurting their numbers here, since all of the hardcore fans will already have the Finland release. If they don't pull big numbers with the USA release, it may hurt distribution on future releases.

Anyways, just some speculation ;)

-a

its true, imports cost a shit load of money, and this cd came out later here in the US then it did when it was first released, and i bought it from a US store, so im guessing its not an import

xshadowsoulsx said:
its true, imports cost a shit load of money, and this cd came out later here in the US then it did when it was first released, and i bought it from a US store, so im guessing its not an import

Im getting also from the same US Site if you went to some other it would have been like 25 to 30 bucks plus S&H

Does anybody know when the hell The Black Waltz is gonna be released in the US??? (or is it released yet...? I sure as hell can't find it if so). My broke ass can't afford to import it, but I gotta get myself a copy damn soon.

Yeah, I got angry with a local metal-shop not having it in, so I bit the bullet and ordered it from Spinefarm. I'm not buying it again.

I don't know though, I just don't see Kalmah getting big in the U.S. Their first three cd's were beyond amazing, and they didn't really get big. This cd is a bit toned down from their melodical madness, so I can't see it getting bigger than the previous.

But still, I'm a huge fan, so I hope they do sell a ton, and make it big. Or at least big enough to grant all of us a tour.

hoodlum1436 said:
Does anybody know when the hell The Black Waltz is gonna be released in the US??? (or is it released yet...? I sure as hell can't find it if so). My broke ass can't afford to import it, but I gotta get myself a copy damn soon.
i think it might allready be released, but im not sure, try amazon.com or the end records, The End Records has it for $13 and free shipping, so id say buy it from there

xshadowsoulsx said:
i think it might allready be released, but im not sure, try amazon.com or the end records, The End Records has it for $13 and free shipping, so id say buy it from there

Thanks for the info. Had already checked amazon (the price is too high and it's still preorder for the import!?), but didn't know about The End Records. That's a damn good deal. Think I'll be buying it there.

hoodlum1436 said:
Thanks for the info. Had already checked amazon (the price is too high and it's still preorder for the import!?), but didn't know about The End Records. That's a damn good deal. Think I'll be buying it there.
no problem