Interpreting Cybion

TapiQ

New Metal Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hello all, I am new here and first i want to state my appreciation to Kalisia for this masterpiece. The album itself explains my enthusiasm so no more about that :)

First times i listened, i did not have lyrics available. So i just enjoyed the sole music without trying to understand it any deeper. However about one hour ago i listened Cybion with lyrics under my nose for the first time, and the experience is even more mind-blowing than it was on the first listen ever. The experience goes way beyond the music.

Anyhow, as i tried to comprehend the story, i felt like i was left way behind in storytelling. Of course i understand that its impossible to include fully explained story in a song, but the lyrics left so much to be told that i started to think about it.

I'm not starting to speculate the deep meaning just yet :D , i just want to know if theres any more clear story behind Cybion lyrics. Like do you have it all written down, everything about characters, scenes, concepts like Cybion or Haven for example. Or did you intend it to be wholely interpreted by listeners?

I would like to know if theres any finished story album lyrics were made from, and if there is i'd of course like to get my hands on that :) . But if it was just meant to be interpreted, i might have to get thinking about it! And also i'd want to know what everyone else are thinking what's behind the story. Post your speculations if you have one.

Thanks!

Good thread, I was just about to ask a question concerning the storyline, and that question is...what is Cybion? My current theory is that it's a name for the Earth, and when Cybion speaks in the lyrics/booklet, it's basically the consciousness of the Earth itself...mankind being children (or "cells") of the Earth/Cybion. Am I way off base here? :D

That's exactly the point ;)
Yes there is a full script, but it's more interesting for us to read people's guesses and interpretations, and it's much better for people to think instead of being told :saint:

Thanks! That's the answer i wanted to hear. I'm still stunned because of how much thought you've put thought on this album, and the story is very, very interesting.

Anyhow i hope you will share some of the script sometime, somehow, or at least hint about it.

Good thread, I was just about to ask a question concerning the storyline, and that question is...what is Cybion? My current theory is that it's a name for the Earth, and when Cybion speaks in the lyrics/booklet, it's basically the consciousness of the Earth itself...mankind being children (or "cells") of the Earth/Cybion. Am I way off base here?

That sounds like a good theory, anyway the messenger sent to discover Cybion found Earth instead :)

I believe that Arkens are some kind of an alien race that are sent by Cybion (in conflict with iced dog's theory) or awake/arrive upon discover of Cybion/earth. And they somehow have given certain human beings immortality and such stuff. After this the situation calms down for some 80 years before Arkens return to bring some type of message perhaps?

Keiji in my vision is normal human being that recieved inhuman powers after Arkens arrived. Driven desperate and lunatic by his loved ones dying around etc etc losing his last pieces of humanity. And is banished from earth for trying to break into nanotechnology laboratory to save Stephanie.

Right, apparently Arkens have chosen a bunch of human being for a transmutation process, Keiji being one of them, to become immortal and recieve huge inhuman powers when the process is done.

I have no idea for now what has cyberspace to do with this but apparently the chosen people are done with the mutation some time afterwards. This is kinda conflicted with the fact that Keiji was condemned to death and banishment, what, 3 years ago or more? I didnt get this part but Arkens are taking Circle of Immortals somewhere else.

Right just some thoughts here, cant be arsed to think of more, ill just enjoy the music for now =P

After this the situation calms down for some 80 years before Arkens return to bring some type of message perhaps?

Right, apparently Arkens have chosen a bunch of human being for a transmutation process, Keiji being one of them, to become immortal and recieve huge inhuman powers when the process is done.
I think when the Arkens originally came to Earth, the gave humanity a choice, and then returned 80 years later to get their decision. Sounds like most of humanity decided to integrate, except for religious groups like the Realitionists.

As for the Circle Of Immortals, I'm not sure if they have any huge powers other than being immortal...I remember something about the immortals being vulnerable to murders and accidents like anyone else, but barring a tragedy like that, their cells would never naturally degrade or die.

I think when the Arkens originally came to Earth, the gave humanity a choice, and then returned 80 years later to get their decision. Sounds like most of humanity decided to integrate, except for religious groups like the Realitionists.

Once again that makes perfect sense, i didnt think of that at all :)

Also, i came up with extented, more paradoxical theory of Cybion representing earth. I thought that Cybion might represent what earth and humans have become in future. Arkens come from future, Cybion, to give this choice that can save humankind. Arkens could be the one that was once concidered humankind, but due to Arken's mutation thing they became Arkens in a long time and then they'll travel back in time, to give past the choice, calling the "presence" reality Cybion. Confusingly explained i know but :p

Anyway this story is opening to me bit by bit now, first time i thought Keiji and some other "rebels" would defy power of, maybe Arkens, or what they were destined to do anyway. But i guess they were shipped out of earth to settle a new colony and live a eternal life in virtual fantasy of The Haven they build in Proserpine. I still dont see the motives but that's what seems most propable to me at the moment :)

This is the way I understood the Haven on Prosperpine.

Since they had to live underground to survive the radiation and built robots to do everything for them then had almost nothing else to do. They spent their free time in the cyberspace, Haven, and got lost in the virtual reality staying there forever while their bodies turned into shapeless forms.
Their bodies would never deteriorate so they could stay in Haven forever.
That is until the Arkens came to save them and tell them that their sun was dying. I understood it that they decided it wasn't worth it to try and find a new world so they went back into Haven to wait for their destruction.

"We're not alone
Here in the night
We will find a way
Find a way / Fly away"

That the message the people of the Earth were solving at the beginning, the melody reoccurs later on and says:

[Colonists]:
"We are alone / Hide in the night
Will we find a way?
Come save us

Was the message to Cybion sent from the future, on Proserpine, by the Colonists? Because at the end it says they traveled to the end of time. It wouldn't be to far of a stretch to think that somewhere in the middle of time the message was sent...just a possibility. It appears a few more times as well.

"Since they had to live underground to survive the radiation and built robots to do everything for them then had almost nothing else to do. They spent their free time in the cyberspace, Haven, and got lost in the virtual reality staying there forever while their bodies turned into shapeless forms.
Their bodies would never deteriorate so they could stay in Haven forever.
That is until the Arkens came to save them and tell them that their sun was dying. I understood it that they decided it wasn't worth it to try and find a new world so they went back into Haven to wait for their destruction."

That's what I thought too, except instead of the Arkens coming to tell them their sun is dying, I think it's a different race, the Kreis. Royth, being a Krei(s?), finds a way into cyberspace to communicate with Anjaan and Keiji. It could be possible Kreis are from another universe also, that's why their and their bodies are shapeless? When Royth enters our universe(or Haven?), he feels the effects of our universe, "feeling heavier", "feeling despair". His body may have also taken a more human form "I sense in you so much confusion, These cocoons are primeval". Then the line...

"Welcome on board young friend
We hope you like your mortal frame
Out of Haven you now see
What is reality"

So they are aboard the Kries ship, and have new "mortal frames"...But I can see many flaws with this theory...Just tossing out ideas...