Interview and chat w/ Keith Sudano of Eternity X on "Raise the Horns"

ProgmetalAngel

Mangement & Promotions
Aug 28, 2006
New Mexico
www.progmetalangel.com
KEITH SUDANO, founder of the prog metal pioneers ETERNITY X guests on “RAISE THE HORNS” Saturday, May 19th at 3:00 pm est only on Dementia Radio. After the interview, Keith and the rest of the band will be joining the chat room to talk to fans.

The band known as ETERNITY X originally began their career as ‘Eternity’ in 1985. As the band grew, so did the complexities in the music – a name change was imminent and unavoidable. In order to been seen as a portion of what they were, but with so much more added, they became ETERNITY X. There were two EP's released as 'Eternity' prior to the name change. As Eternity X, the first official release was "Zodiac", followed by "Mind Games" in 1995, and the critically acclaimed "The Edge" in 1997.

After the tour to promote “The Edge”, the band had a fairly lengthy split.

In 2006, original vocalist and chief songwriter Keith Sudano felt the itch to return to his passion, the music of Eternity X. Keith Sudano once again began the process of searching out the best and brightest musicians that had the same creative desires, intensity and passion for music as he.

Keith then named Jerry Prater (Guitars), Dusty Owens (Guitars) Josh Starkey (Drums) & Terry Richards II (Bass), the new members of ETERNITY X.

Shortly after, Keith was able to locate a willing and talented keyboardist, Herc Dimitroglou from Greece, to complete the lineup. The band is currently working on their next album, "After the Ashes."

You can check out Eternity X on their website, www.eternity-x.com or myspace at www.mypsace.com/eternityxband.

Kristen Huddleston
Progmetal Angel Management & Promotions
www.progmetalangel.com

The Edge was a truly incredible piece of work! Awesome to hear that Eternity X is has arisen again and definitely looking forward to this new album.

EDIT: Had to dig my copy out and listen to it again as it has been a long while since I spun it.

Friggan "Imaginarium" is the best track on that album! Just absolutely incredible!

can't wait for this to finally come out. I have everything by Eternity X, including the original, cassette-only, EPs, and all of it is awesome.

can't wait for this to finally come out. I have everything by Eternity X, including the original, cassette-only, EPs, and all of it is awesome.

Pioneers? That's easily a stretch.

Same here, and I too never really cared for them, but sometimes i do like to listen to them for a change. I will definetly not be available today for the interview, other things to do with TEXAS MADFEST.

The Edge is easily in my top 3 prog albums of all time and may very well be #1 depending on my mood. Keith knows exactly how i feel about that album and I hope i finally get the opportunity to see him sing it live 1 day. Perhaps the new disc will be out by the end of the year and Glenn will take notice that they are for real.

I can only imagine what it would be like to see the band perform at PP in 2008; whether it be at the pre-party or as the opener on the main stage. Any idea if the album will see the light this year?

The current plan is to get the new one done this year.

We had thought we would have been in the studio already. But sometime's life tosses things your way unexpectedly. We are currently finishing up a few things. Then Keith should be back to IL in Late June or early July to go over a few things and book studio time.

Since we know the owner's of the studio we suspect we will be able to get in pretty darn fast. But I guess you never know. Only time will tell . No exact dates set yet for the studio. But we have idea's.

Each member has their stuff down dang tightly.
So once in the studio they should be able to bust through the album pretty quickly. The mastering and effects and such is the thing that will take the most time. But I honestly think if all go's as currently planned we will easily make the end of the year.

I honestly feel it will be well worth the wait.

My two cents regarding "From the Ashes": Liked it a lot, however, it wasn't The Edge (I suppose nothing is). Needs more keyboards! That's what made "The Edge" brilliant.

Nonetheless, look forward to the re-recording!

Keep in mind that live recording an demo are not even close to the final release. Much of it has been re-written. Plus keyboards will be added in.
Keith realized in the interview he made it sound like their were no keyboard parts at all. But he meant is the album didnt have to go fully off keyboards like the "The Edge" did.

To my knowlage there wasnt any files or transcripts made.
However talk with Progmetal angel and see if she has one.
Plus if you have any questions about the future your always welcome to send me a pm. I'll answer any questions I can. You can also e-mail any of the band members. Their addresses are up on http://www.eternity-x.com or their personal profiles are listed in the top friends on myspace http://myspace.com/eternityxband .