Interview with Jon Oliva

Yeah, Jon, Criss, Savatage are my metal "Godfathers" while others would think Maiden or Priest or _____ but for whatever reason Savatage clicked closest to home for me. Reading many of Jons replys on his thoughts on music always seems to point to the answer of why they clicked closest to home.

Great interview, thanks ! Im going to put Global Warning in and I think maybe Wake and Handful

Jon Oliva is my hero and Savatage my favourite band but I totally disagree with what he talks about Savatage and TSO. Both bands have similarities but every ´Tage fan want to see again Savatage with Oliva, Caffery, Middleton, Zak, Plate/Wacholz and another guitar player (I consider Matt LaPorte the best recreating Criss style better than Skolnick, Pitrelli or whoever)

Simply, I respect Oliva I like a lot JOP but it´s unfair talking shit about people who would love to see Savatage again.

I'd love to see a Sava reunion as much as anyone, but I can also see Jon's point. It is almost impossible to get all those guys together again to make an album worthy of the name Savatage, especially knowing they won't make diddly squat money-wise. All the members are making a decent living doing other things now, something they couldn't do with Savatage.

Awesome interview again, Sixxy. It's my dream to talk to JO just one in my life and you talk to him a couple times a year!

I understand what Jons talking about, I also think we were lucky we got alot of great music after Criss died, most other bands would have been done. The music is still there on JOP and TSO, Zach even gives a taste of it. Outside of Savatage Jon gets to work other sounds and styles he'd get butchered over if he did on a Savatage album. He has his real old school influences like me from the old hardrock and progressive bands... his interviews have made me totally understand what he's up too now and shed new and better light on JOP music. I hate the term "sellout" and it hasnt been used here, but in a way he's doing the exact opposite by not riding on the name Savatage or the confines of what a "Savatage" audience expects.

I dont hear him slaggin Savatage fans, I hear him saying "give me a friggin break". If anything its time for Savatage fans to stop slaggin him. Which some have been doing since Gutter Ballet anyhow.....

Rock on Bro !

Maybe I explained it bad in english, sorry :ill:.

I don´t think he´s slagging ´Tage fans and, of course, I like a lot JOP and even TSO, but I couldn´t agree with what he says in relation to TSO = Savatage post Criss Oliva that I´ve read in some other interviews.

For me it´s a pity and a shame seeing JOP in front of 40 people like I saw them a couple of years ago. I worked that day in Madrid, drove 250 miles to Vitoria, attended to the gig and drove back to Madrid at 5 a.m (even with a little accident). Then, a couple of hours later, working. That´s how I love and admire Oliva bit a farewell tour and a DVD is what I beg to him. Nothing more, nothing less.