interview with peter

The Great Conjuration :confused:

pretty cool... its clear the interviewer probably heard of Opeth 10 minutes before writing that....

thanks for posting it up:Spin:

Opeth are atheists? Quite disappointing, but hey why should I care, I only care about the music, really. But it just saddens me really..... :(
So many people don't believe in God....why? (I realize this is not a Christian forum, and really, I dont care to flare up an agrument about religion or anything- I just wanted to post my feelings)

Oh dear me.

I love God.

Sadpoet said:
Opeth are atheists? Quite disappointing, but hey why should I care, I only care about the music, really. But it just saddens me really..... :(
So many people don't believe in God....why? (I realize this is not a Christian forum, and really, I dont care to flare up an agrument about religion or anything- I just wanted to post my feelings)

Oh dear me.

I love God.

^^me too:cool: I actually was thinking the same thing when I read that (but its better than them being anti-christian pagan/satanists :loco: ) I dont ever say anything about my religious feelings here, considering the nature of this forum. Its kool to know there are fellow believers out there who dig Opeth though. God bless and rock on!:headbang:

Sadpoet said:

Oh dear me.

I love God.
i'm an atheist.

there is a thread about christianity and metal ... go find it, it starts about extol ...
you are not the only ones here who are christian apparently, there are a lot of you here ... unfortunatly ...
I ask you the same question btw: so many people believe in (a) god ..... why???

EveOfDarkness said:
I actually was thinking the same thing when I read that (but its better than them being...pagan...)

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

It's like saying: "well, it's better than them being Buddhist."

:err:

For fuck's sake you ignorant arsehole, judge people on the merit of their actions, not on the freaking religious banner they wave over their heads.

I can possibly understand why you may dislike Satanism, as it takes a direct moral opposition to what YOU believe, but what does Paganism have to do with anything? Maybe you should refrain from speaking unless you know what you're actually saying. In fact, if everyone did that, this world would be a marginally better place to live in.

Sadpoet said:

Oh dear me.

I love God.

I'm christian

Katabasis said:
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

It's like saying: "well, it's better than them being Buddhist."

:err:

For fuck's sake you ignorant arsehole, judge people on the merit of their actions, not on the freaking religious banner they wave over their heads.

I can possibly understand why you may dislike Satanism, as it takes a direct moral opposition to what YOU believe, but what does Paganism have to do with anything? Maybe you should refrain from speaking unless you know what you're actually saying. In fact, if everyone did that, this world would be a marginally better place to live in.

haha looks like you missed the anti-christian part my friend. But you know what, i do attribute some indecency to my part, it doesnt have to be pagan (i used that as an example from how a lot of well known black metal artists are pagan who hate christianity with a vengeance), it could be an anti christian anything, point is, it wasnt about the specific religion my friend, it was about the fact that they weren't anti chrisitan (obvious by the fact that they toured/are good friends with extol and peter saying he is not against it, per se). Sry to offend you if you are pagan of w/e but i hope you get what my point was. being anti christian sucks no matter what. i'm glad opeth is not that way.

not that discussion again! :p
but why does anti-christian suck? ... why doesn't anti-satanism, or anti-paganism, or anti-atheism suck as much then? ...
you see, this is what I always mean with how arrogant christians are. what if I can give you a hundred of valid arguments against christianity? then why is my anti-christianity a bad thing according to you, even if it is well thought through and with a lot of intellectual arguments.
no my friend, christians aren't the only reasonable people on this planet, atheists and yes even "pagans" and satanists can be very reasonable and intelligent ....

oh well, I end this with what I started this: not this discussion again here!! :p

my old friend Black Session, we could go round in circles forever about this subject. Anything against my beliefs, i wont stand for, i will hate. It's logical. It makes sense. I mean you cant be serious, why is your anti-christianity a bad thing to me? You can give me a hundred arguments against my beliefs, and i could do the same agianst yours. It comes down to what we believe in our hearts, what convinces us. I dont agree with your beliefs at all, but I respect that you made your choice. Everyone should believe what they want. But you shouldn't generalize that Christians are arrogant. Not all of us are (I try not to be, hence why i clarified my first post). And are you an exception with a post like that? Just dont generalize. It never makes anyone look good. I'll admit, though I dont agree with your beliefs, there are many people like your self, and you included, that I see as intelligent people regardless. I've read a lot of arguments against my beliefs and they are very sound. I respect an intellectual opposition. But obviously we are both on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as beliefs are concerned. Let's just drop the whole thing for now. You wont ever be able to convince me that anti-christianity doesnt suck and vice versa. You're right though, 'not this discussion again here!' lol

It just shows you how important beliefs are to people, athiest, christian, salt and vinegar, whatever! It seems to crop upin every aspect of life even the Opeth Forum. I really enjoyed that mentioned thread though, someone should find it and get it going again!

I am a christian but I am not forceful on others to believe in what I believe and I am always happy to discuss religous standings as long as it stays polite and intelligent