Interview with Vivian Campbell

Winmar said:
Was it liver failure or something, or too much in one go?
I think it was a combination of shitloads of booze, and painkillers (or was it sleeping pills? Or both? :D) that did him in, I forget the specifics, it was a long time ago ;)

[edit] actually, now I think about it, the above sunstances may've caused respiratory (sp?) faliure (ie he stopped breathing, just in case my spelling of 'respiratory' is so mangled you don't understand it ;))

I agree Stu, it is disappointing to me reading that Campbell doesn't even get into the DIO material that he played on, because I have always thought his playing on those albums was amazing and some of my all time fav guitar work. Awesome riffs, killer solos, great guitar tone etc.

I have always suspected Ronnie might be tough to work with after seeing the Black Sabbath 'rock family trees' special, the part where they talk about why Ronnie left the band originally, and again after Dehumanizer, and where he says he likes writing and stuff for DIO as it is his band and things get done the way he wants etc. Great special that.

He quit the band again because they were opening for Ozzy on some gigs, yeah? And that's why they got Halford in?

Or did I just imagine that whole episode?

What I want is a good quality boot from when Halford sang with Sabbath. There has to one somewhere. :mad: Hell, the Ozzy gig Sabbath and Halford played at was filmed! So where's the video?

Penelope said:
Nope, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I do sometimes resort to it though when I'm desperate.
blush.gif
HEY!

Penelope said:
Nope, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I do sometimes resort to it though when I'm desperate. :oops:
Phloggy unfortunately got there before I did. Anyway, the bards can sing my legend in taverns while customers drink mead and eat snout.

More people should agree with me more often. I tell you, I could take this country somewhere!

Sydo i have a boot of that its called "Ozzy meets the Priest" only a CD though not a Vid ........that would be fantasic would it ...........

What's the sound quality on that boot like? The stuff I downloaded once was terrible. :(