Into Eternity... at it again

This was discussed in their forum a few days ago. Apparently Rob was not included on this latest tour because his new job kept him out of comminication with the band for a while. As of now neither he, nor they have said he is out of the band and they are all VERY irritated with Blabbermouth for putting that article up. Check out their forum. The thread where it is discussed is "Into Eternity to Open for Gamma Ray".

AMBR said:
This was discussed in their forum a few days ago. Apparently Rob was not included on this latest tour because his new job kept him out of comminication with the band for a while. As of now neither he, nor they have said he is out of the band and they are all VERY irritated with Blabbermouth for putting that article up. Check out their forum. The thread where it is discussed is "Into Eternity to Open for Gamma Ray".
Thanks for the additional info. To be honest, I was only posting this info for those IE fans who may not have heard. This band has completely turned me off with their horrible live performances.

Zod

I read those threads...... and I need drink.

Somebody wanna translate all that weirdness, and give me the Cliffs Notes version? Cuz I couldn't make heads or tails from all that shit. Or at least confirm Rob's status? Has there been an official comment from the band yet?

Brain damage setting in... ooooh... I feel like I was picking coconuts with Keith Richards...

Ok, here's to set things straight.

Rob did not quit the band, nor he was fired. I had to get my info from both sides, what happened is a simple communication breakdown. In fact, everyone is a little upset that these rumours became so big. Do not feed these rumours! Let's just keep our fingers crossed so that everything turns out well in the end.

AngraRULES said:
Ok, here's to set things straight.

Rob did not quit the band, nor he was fired. I had to get my info from both sides, what happened is a simple communication breakdown. In fact, everyone is a little upset that these rumours became so big. Do not feed these rumours! Let's just keep our fingers crossed so that everything turns out well in the end.

I talked to Troy extensively Tuesday night, and he seemed to think it would be "business as usual" with Rob after these dates.

Demonspell said:
...seriously guys, cut down on the touring already as their schedule is what's causing the instability in the first place.
Quite honestly, I thought these dates were not the wisest decision. I think they should have focused on the new cd and held off any touring until after its release. They have played many of the same areas repeatedly and until they have a whole new project to promote, it's basically a repeat for many fans. They did play a couple of the new songs, but while it's fun for the firmly established fans to hear a new song or two in the set, it's often hard for many to get into songs they never heard before and it's not necessarily going to bring in new fans.

IMO, I think all bands need to set a firm schedule for working (day jobs), writing, recording and touring so that all members can plan accordingly and also pay the bills. That's my 2 cents.

AMBR said:
They have played many of the same areas repeatedly and until they have a whole new project to promote, it's basically a repeat for many fans.
I think they need to do whatever it takes to minimize the personnel changes within the band. While (as I've said a 1,000 times) I love these guys on disc, I think they're terrible live. And I have to imagine, all of the personnel changes contribute to their sub par live sound. And if you're not tight live, what purpose does incessant touring serve?

Zod[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I've seen Into Eternity probably somthing like 5 times now. The first couple times it was like "WTF"? They kinda grew on me and admittedly, I do enjoy seeing thier show, although I probably would not go out of my way just to see them. I didn't really like them enough to want to go seek out thier album. However, I may have to go give one of thier albums a listen as it seems it is much better than thier live stuff.

SkiBumMSP said:
IHowever, I may have to go give one of thier albums a listen as it seems it is much better than thier live stuff.

Do so. "Buried In Oblivion" is one of my favorite albums, period. It's totally crazed, but in a good way, and to music that heavy and with that much going on and still have hooks in it is just ridiculous.

I believe that Tim has an ideal how he wants his band to be. I think bringing Jim back into the fold is a great move, it sucks loosing Rob if they are indeed loosing Rob. Again it is the same story as always. People need to get paid and its hard to be on the road alot. Hopefully they get it all worked out, I am sure they will.

Bear

I have now seen Into Eternity 7 times. The first time, of course being at Progpower. Although we did get a few new songs, for the most part it's usually the same show. I seriously hope I get a a new album before I see them on another big tour.

BlackenedDawn said:
I have now seen Into Eternity 7 times. The first time, of course being at Progpower. Although we did get a few new songs, for the most part it's usually the same show. I seriously hope I get a a new album before I see them on another big tour.

You will. That was one of the specific things Troy said to me, that they had blown out BiO and really needed a new record, so these three shows were just a breather. They're going to record and then be back out on the road with new stuff...