INTO ETERNITY Joins STRATOVARIUS' Fall Tour

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
Just seen this on the BW&BK site. Seems like an odd pairing but I like it. I wonder if they will do a one-off show when they hit Atlanta?

SavaRon said:
Just seen this on the BW&BK site. Seems like an odd pairing but I like it. I wonder if they will do a one-off show when they hit Atlanta?

One of the best up and coming bands!!!!! hands down :hotjump:

Awesome!!! I'm sure many Stratovarius fans are not going to like Into Eternity, but I think its cool to mix bands with different styles in a concert so that it does not get too monotonous. Into Eternity are definitely one of the most original metal bands out there and their last album kicks ass from beginning to end. Hope to see them over here in Europe one day.

No shit John that was a great show, cool hanging out with you again!!

So this is the other tour that Tim was talking about but he didn't say anything, I don't think he thought it was confirmed yet? They are supposed to head out with Hate Eternal before this tour, so this is going to be a big year for IE. They are also suppose to go on another tour, that I know will rock. Can't say nothing about that one yet, its not confirmed.

INTO ETERNITY PICTURES

Bear

Into Eternity is ok but I would like to see a stronger band on the bill. It would be great if it could be a co headline thing with say Gamma Ray, Thunderstone would be cool even tho they are similar to Strato. Definately need to get a band on the bill that rarely plays the States. Grave Digger would be great, Firewind too.

wayland smithers said:
Into Eternity is ok but I would like to see a stronger band on the bill. It would be great if it could be a co headline thing with say Gamma Ray, Thunderstone would be cool even tho they are similar to Strato. Definately need to get a band on the bill that rarely plays the States. Grave Digger would be great, Firewind too.

I agree, I mean i like into eternity's cds and all but i was extremely dissapointed at their prog power appearance

Petethedrummer said:
I agree, I mean i like into eternity's cds and all but i was extremely dissapointed at their prog power appearance

New singer in the band Pete. No offense to Dean but Stu kicks ass!!!!!!! He is totally all over the place and is a pro front man!!! Very energetic and has great great vocals as well!!! He hit some seriously high ass notes, higher than Chris sang and he melds well with the band. I think people will deifnitely be surprised when they hear him.

Bear

Bear said:
New singer in the band Pete. No offense to Dean but Stu kicks ass!!!!!!! He is totally all over the place and is a pro front man!!! Very energetic and has great great vocals as well!!! He hit some seriously high ass notes, higher than Chris sang and he melds well with the band. I think people will deifnitely be surprised when they hear him.

Bear

That's good to hear. I was wondering how the new singer was going to be. I'll be checking them out later this month in Tampa. I can't wait! By the way, how were the other bands that played with them?

According to IE's tour announcement, their tour with Stratovarius is directly due to them meeting Kotipelto at ProgPower last year (and basically begging him to take them out on tour :)).

Pretty cool..... Once again, the influence of ProgPower spills over in a Good Way. :D

This from BW&BK:

HATE ETERNAL, KRISIUN, INCANTATION, INTO ETERNITY and ALL SHALL PERISH are said to be joining forces for a North American tour this summer.

The first date announced for the trek is June 16th at Jaxx in West Springfield, VA. More dates will be announced soon.

(Thanks: SMNnews)

It seems like I'm one of the only ones who is disappointed that Stratovarius and Therion are doing U.S. tours during ProgPower season. I would think that one of the main reasons that people fly to Atlanta from all over the country to attend this festival is that they get to see bands that they would probably never see otherwise. I am still not sure if I will be able to go this year, but I do know that being able to say "Oh well, I can just catch them on tour" really takes away from the excitement. Although, there are plenty of other bands that make it worth the trip and I still hope to god I can go.

Here ya go

March 9, 2005 - Into Eternity announce fall tour with Stratovarius!

Century Media pressrelease:
Currently on tour with Amorphis in support of their 2004 release "Buried In Oblivion", Canada’s Into Eternity have been added to Stratovarius’ fall tour package. Vocalist/lead guitarist Tim Roth commented, "We are really excited to be touring with Stratovarius and see this as an ideal package. We will be playing in front of a completely new audience, one for which we haven’t had the opportunity to play. All of us have been Stratovarius fans for years. We are fans of Tolkki’s guitar playing, Kotipelto’s voice, and also of Jens Johansson (keyboards) ever since he played with Yngwie Malmsteen. We met Kotipelto at ProgPower USA V last year and we begged him to take Into Eternity on tour, and now it’s a reality."

After the Amorphis dates, Into Eternity will play headlining shows across the Midwest and Canada, check the tourpage (http://www.intoeternity.net/tour.php) for dates, below are the new dates with Stratovarius so far:

Supporting Stratovarius (more dates to be announced)
09/19 - Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
09/20 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
09/21 - BB King's - New York, NY
09/23 - Medle - Montreal, QC
09/24 - Le Capitole - Quebec City, QC
09/25 - The Opera House - Toronto,ON
09/28 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
10/09 - Galaxy Theatre - Santa Ana, CA
10/10 - Key Club - West Hollywood, CA

GuyWhoLikesProg said:
It seems like I'm one of the only ones who is disappointed that Stratovarius and Therion are doing U.S. tours during ProgPower season. I would think that one of the main reasons that people fly to Atlanta from all over the country to attend this festival is that they get to see bands that they would probably never see otherwise. I am still not sure if I will be able to go this year, but I do know that being able to say "Oh well, I can just catch them on tour" really takes away from the excitement. Although, there are plenty of other bands that make it worth the trip and I still hope to god I can go.

If you like the lineup then attend the festival. Why should it matter if they are touring around the fest. Its not the same exp., like prog power, plus they dont tour together, so its like take your pic. i would go to the festival no matter who played!!