Into Eternity to tour North America with Iced Earth in the fall.

Calamitas1786

doom cock....
Aug 21, 2006
Nu Jersey
Canadian progressive metal titans INTO ETERNITY kick off their American touring cycle for their new album, "The Incurable Tragedy", on September 21 with genre leaders ICED EARTH. The North American trek follows the album's September 2 release and fans can expect to hear a lot of new material from the band's first conceptual offering.

Commented INTO ETERNITY's Tim Roth (guitars, vocals): "ICED EARTH is a band that we have been waiting to tour with. I have been a fan since the early Century Media days and even wore a shirt of theirs in our album sleeve of our 'Dead Or Dreaming' album. I know Justin Bender (guitars) even traveled to Minneapolis to see the band years ago. It's a 25-hour round trip, so he has to be a fan! Ha!

"Playing with a band that you actually love makes all the touring we do a lot more fun. It will be my first time ever seeing the band so I personally can't wait! A big thanks to Jon [Schaffer, ICED EARTH mainman] for giving us this chance. It will be a perfect tour to kick start our new cycle in support of 'The Incurable Tragedy'. Fans can expect lots of fast drumming, high singing, shredding solos and hate filled death vocals. We look forward to seeing you all soon."

INTO ETERNITY's first concept album, "The Incurable Tragedy", also marks the first recording effort with Justin Bender (guitars) and Steve Bolognese (drums), who came aboard shortly after the band finished Gigantour '06. This offering was inspired by the deaths of Roth's two best friends, brothers who succumbed to cancer within two months of one another. To make matters worse, Roth's father was diagnosed with cancer as well. Showing no mercy, the disease claimed his life last year, just 10 days before Christmas. Roth channeled his emotions into a moving and riveting album which is sure to propel the band to new heights within the genre. "The Incurable Tragedy" features a slew of tracks with the band's trademarked heavy grooves, stop-on-a-dime time changes, reflective lyrics, memorable choruses, shredding solos, and vocals that range from guttural growls to soaring harmonies.

INTO ETERNITY with ICED EARTH and SAVIOURS:

Sep. 21 - Harpo's - Detroit, MI
Sep. 24 - Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Sep. 25 - 9:30 Club - Washington, D.C.
Sep. 26 – Amos' Southbend - Charlotte, NC
Sep. 28 - House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL
Sep. 29 - The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC
Sep. 30 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH
Oct. 14 - The Norva - Norfolk, VA
Oct. 15 - The Palladium - Worchester, MA
Oct. 16 - Nokia Theater - New York, NY
Oct. 22 - Hawthrone Theater - Portland, OR
Oct. 23 - Regency Center at The Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
Oct. 24 - The Avalon - Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, I'll be going to the Troc for Iced Earth and hope that the setlist is better than at Powerfest. Ill take a nap during Into Eternity.

edit: Just noticed that this is IE touring with IE. lolol.

i'll probably go, the last time i saw iced earth was with cob in 04 and they played the entire getysburg thing, god that was so fucking boring. also into eternity are so annoying, they're like warbringer and get on every tour, except the suck wayyyy harder.

I'll go. Saw IE with Barlow and Ripper and both were good. IE#2 was okay but Epica and Symphony X owned them and had far superior sound.

Epica? Are you serious? I could barely get past the singer's giant, flapping tits and vagomach let alone them putting on one of the most banal performances I've ever seen.