INTO ETERNITY.....

4acidbath4

Jan 5, 2006
yo moms house
The cover artwork for INTO ETERNITY's upcoming CD, "The Scattering of Ashes", created by acclaimed artist Mattias Noren (STRATOVARIUS, EVERGREY), has been posted online at this location.
http://www.centurymedia.com/images/Intoeternity/ScatteringOfAshes.jpg
Vocalist Stu Block commented: "Mattias designed the first three INTO ETERNITY album covers ('Into Eternity', 'Dead or Dreaming' and 'Buried in Oblivion'). They have all been amazing but yet different in their own way. There was no doubt in our minds that 'The Scattering of Ashes' cover would live up to those expectations.

"Mattias is a really talented guy and all we had to do was tell him the album title and that we wanted it to have a dark feeling to it, so he ran with it and nailed it pretty much right away.

"We are all really happy with the end result of the artwork, layout and sound of the album. We have been listening to the mixed and mastered version of the album from Andy Sneap (ARCH ENEMY, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE) and it sounds absolutely killer!! This album is definitely one of the most aggressive INTO ETERNITY albums ever, and now with Andy's touch on it it's over-the-top metal madness!!!"

Regarding the direction of the new material, guitarist/vocalist Tim Roth had previously stated, "So far, I think it is a mix between 'Dead or Dreaming' and 'Buried in Oblivion'. For this album we kept some things a bit more stripped down. Now we won't have five vocal harmonies going at once. The band decided that we want to sound more like we do live, so we stuck to two-part vocal harmonies. It still sounds killer though and I'm sure people will dig the new melodies. Stu [Block] did a great job singing on this album. He has five different voices that he can change back and forth from. Wait to you hear some of the notes he hits!"

"The Scattering of Ashes" is scheduled for release in Europe on September 25 via Century Media Records. :headbang:

4acidbath4 said:
Regarding the direction of the new material, guitarist/vocalist Tim Roth had previously stated, "The band decided that we want to sound more like we do live..."
Personally, I would have advocated they attempt to get their live shows a to sound more like their studio work, than the other way around.

Zod

I think he means "we want to sound more like we do live NOW"
Things changed with the line-up changes, but don't worry, I've heard the unedited stuff and it's killer!! Still a lot of harmonies and all that stuff, just an overall more versatile lead vocalist.

Marlies said:
I think he means "we want to sound more like we do live NOW".
I've heard them several times on their most recent tour, and can't say I was impressed.

Marlies said:
Things changed with the line-up changes, but don't worry, I've heard the unedited stuff and it's killer!! Still a lot of harmonies and all that stuff...
Good to hear.

Marlies said:
...just an overall more versatile lead vocalist.
I'll wait to hear him on disc, before passing judgement. However, I much, much prefered the vocals on the "Buried" than Stu's.

Zod

I really like the artwork. Great job guys :)
Can't wait to hear the whole album.. and get together again.

General Zod said:
I'll wait to hear him on disc, before passing judgement. However, I much, much prefered the vocals on the "Buried" than Stu's.

I understand you. Most of the people that like "the vocals on the 'Buried'" would want to hear the same thing live, BUT that's impossible.
Let's just see how Stu does it on the CD =) (I bet he will do great! ;) )

IceQueen_ said:
I understand you. Most of the people that like "the vocals on the 'Buried'" would want to hear the same thing live, BUT that's impossible.
Let's just see how Stu does it on the CD =) (I bet he will do great! ;) )
For me, it was less about how he handled the vocals from "Buried" in a live setting, and more about the fact that I just don't like his voice. Maybe when he's singing material that's been written for him, he'll sound more natural. As I said, I'm reserving judgement until I hear the disc.

Zod

That artwork is BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait to hear the next chapter in Into Eternity's musical journey. I wonder how many tours they will hop on for this one. Hmmm? LOL. Cheers :)

Love the cover, but i'm with Zod here completely. One of the shows they did here in SF was streamed live on the internet on the club's website, straight from the soundboard... and unfortunately the singer sounded horrid. He actually sounded better in my mind when I was at the show, but listening to the stream the next day I was pretty turned off.

7thSaviour said:
I wonder if IE will be back at PPUSA next year?
I'd like to see that happen. I missed them when they played last time. Gimme IE and Zero Hour at PPUSA next year! :headbang:

Hmmm...we have Into Eternity coming out with "The Scattering of Ashes" and Zero Hour's upcoming cd is titled "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond".

The IE artwork is very nice! Another great job by Mattias! :)

Stacy

FataMorgana said:
I'd like to see that happen. I missed them when they played last time. Gimme IE and Zero Hour at PPUSA next year! :headbang:

Hmmm...we have Into Eternity coming out with "The Scattering of Ashes" and Zero Hour's upcoming cd is titled "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond".

The IE artwork is very nice! Another great job by Mattias! :)

Stacy

Yep...l'd like to see them at the same fest...hell, back to back even.