Introducing To Lithuanian Metal

Dec 13, 2001
Visit site
Hey everyone... Ok, I've been searching for Lithuanian bands for a long time and finally I came across a website [record company really] with all Metal bands from Lithuanian. So, I'll leave them all here and if you want, download some songs [audiogalaxy.com]. And give me a review.. your opinion about each band.

------------------------------------------------------

GHOSTORM
Very technical, qualitative, raging and dreamy death metal. Probably the best Lithuanian death metal act of all times. Influences from Cynic and Atheist.

ANGIS
passionate Lithuanian pagan metal with special emphasis on melody and rage.

ANUBI
(obscure and sombre Dark metal with opera-type vocals.

DISSIMULATION
black martial metal.

]DISSONANCE
strong and original melodic doom/death,the best Lithuanian doom metal act of the last decade,very professionally done

HA LELA
haunting magical Pagan/Folk metal performed by one of the greatest Lithuanian band. Clear folk melodies, original lyrics and inspiring, memorable eerie emotions

MERESSIN
their third full lenght album. Old good thrash/heavy/black speed metal tunes with inflaming refrains, and few tender ballads!
Official Web site: http://www1.omnitel.net/meressin

::::::: NOTE - You can only find one song on audiogalaxy.com "Pasiute Sunis":::::

NAHASH
Black Metal

ORAL CLIMAX
Lithuanian grind/noise pioneers return with crazy and tuneful madness! Very very catchy grinding, noising, fucking rock.

OUTSHINE
debut record – 100 % of inflaming metal - energy and beauty!!! VERY MELODIC. Nice playing techniques and nice production.

PEORTH
in-deep Pagan metal with symphonic touches

POCCOLUS
warlike Pagan metal. Fast, burning, and melodic!

RUINATION
very melodic, aggressive deathrock, Official Website: http://www.ruination.cjb.net/ doeanload samples from their web site, on audiogalaxy.com there are some songs, but on their web site it dosen't say anything about those songs.

SPELLBOUND
brilliant piece of metal art. Burnished in very detail, with really great originality, charming melodies, clear strong vocals, surrealistic lyrics and incomparable fantasy - it’s the golden line in the history of Lithuanian metal.

UGNELAKISs
qualitative, intensive Pagan metal made of burning darkness, secrets and spells. 7 tracks, 45 min., fullcolor cover, lyrics in Lithuanian

MANDRAGORA
Well played atmospheric tuneful metal with good portion of agression. Reminds Swedish style a bit.

STEEL WOLF
The very very inflaming and crazy hardcore/heavyMetal/punk/whatever played by a gang of old American Lithuanians. The best soundrack for boozers!

ZPOAN VTENZ
Profound and tuneful ethnic/folk metal. The honour of Lithuania!!! From metal, to ambient, to authentic war folklore and unique chants in ancient dialects… A MUST!
Name of the band sounds VERY Polish.

That's all I found.

For more Metal Lithuanian, Russian, Estonian, Lativian Metal go to www.dangus.net [ http://www.dangus.net/mailorder/mailorder.htm ]

..........................!!!!!Please Reply!!!!!

Thank You.

I saw Ghostorm play at the White Horse in High Wycombe. They were very technical indeed, but ultimately that was their downfall. It impressed for the first couple of songs but soon got boring.

I felt a little sorry for them. They were touring the UK, playing in front of 10 people or less a night (only two people showed up for the London show I heard) and all six guys and the equipment were cramped in a station wagon for the duration...

I have a Ha Lela track on a compilation. I think they're signed to the appalling Neat Records aren't they? Same for Zpoan Vtenz (try saying that when you're drunk....). Neat Records are pretty much the worst label going. I think those bands were signed by an outside A&R guy, as they're too good for the main neat label guys (the old drummer from Venom, etc).

I'll certainly be checking out some of these other bands.

Lee

Originally posted by Lee_B
I saw Ghostorm play at the White Horse in High Wycombe. They were very technical indeed, but ultimately that was their downfall. It impressed for the first couple of songs but soon got boring.

I felt a little sorry for them. They were touring the UK, playing in front of 10 people or less a night (only two people showed up for the London show I heard) and all six guys and the equipment were cramped in a station wagon for the duration...

Really? Oh my God :cry: Why was that? Is it because they are't well known or why? That is really sad.

Yeah, it was basically because no one had heard of 'em.

Touring the UK isn't a good idea at the best of times, let alone when you're a Lithuanian band on a German label that has no distribution in the UK.. They played some really bizarre places too, places where you'd be suprised they had a venue, let alone a metal scene.

Originally posted by Lee_B
Yeah, it was basically because no one had heard of 'em.

Touring the UK isn't a good idea at the best of times, let alone when you're a Lithuanian band on a German label that has no distribution in the UK.. They played some really bizarre places too, places where you'd be suprised they had a venue, let alone a metal scene.

Looks like you've heard/know quiet alot about Ghostorm :), where/how did you hear them first?

Do you know if they have a website? Or anyone has unofficial Ghostorm website?

i'll check out some of those later and tell you want i think...i'm about to go on a bit of a d/ling session...got a list of about 30 bands i want to hear stuff from, and the uni only lets d/l from audiogalaxy between 1am and 6am...

Originally posted by Prometheus
Thanks man. Are you Lithuanian? I am 1/4 Lithuanian (my last name is totally Lithuanian)...

Thanks for the bands...

Yup, I am %100 Lithuanian :D...

What is your last name, if you don't m ind me asking.

Yeah, I've seen several last names in lithuania that seem real close....I can only assume it got changed when they moved over here, spelled wrong or just simplified (?)....anyway...good to know there's some lithuanian metal out there...i've wanted to look more into lithuanian culture/folklore...as i understand it, lithuania was the last country to adopt christianity as a result they are still fairly immeshed in their old pagan ways.,...are you familiar with the folklore/culture at all?

Originally posted by Prometheus
Yeah, I've seen several last names in lithuania that seem real close....I can only assume it got changed when they moved over here, spelled wrong or just simplified (?)....anyway...good to know there's some lithuanian metal out there...i've wanted to look more into lithuanian culture/folklore...as i understand it, lithuania was the last country to adopt christianity as a result they are still fairly immeshed in their old pagan ways.,...are you familiar with the folklore/culture at all?

Nope, I'm not familier with that culuture at all... I left Lithuania when I was 15, so, by that age I wasn't really into things like that. Know nothing about Pagan, don't even know what it means/is.

I'm glad I found some Lithuanian Metal too, I've been looking for Lithuanian Metal for a long time... and FINALLY... :D found it with good results.