Invection - "Demented Perception", new brutal bay area thrash for free

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
I couldn't think of any better forum to post this on so I figured maybe you guys would dig this because this is the old school/thrash forum. My band Invection has had our EP "Demented Perception" out for a while and it's been posted on a few metal blogs and torrent sites so I figured I'd post it here and see what you guys think of it. If you download it please post any feedback (good or bad). You can download it from this link for free:
http://depositfiles.com/en/files/khc1f44st

If you like it I'd appreciate it if you could write a review somewhere, spread the word somehow or something, anything to get the word out about it and the band.

If you really like it and want the full cd experience with the real cd, full booklet with lyrics, picture, notes and tons of other stuff to support us then you can order it from Stormspell Records for only $5.99
http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product/invection-demented-perception-ep

Here's the art that was done for it by Dan Seagrave (Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Warbringer, many others)
INVECTION-600.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy it and spread the word!

Usually by the rules we don't allow self-promotion of any kind (except for regulars of the board). But since you're not a newbie at UM and the fact the music is for free :D, I will let this go.

Usually by the rules we don't allow self-promotion of any kind (except for regulars of the board). But since you're not a newbie at UM and the fact the music is for free :D, I will let this go.

Good call. Downloading now. Will let you know how or if I like it Enemy242.
Thanks.

I like the music. Good rhythms and leads. But the vocals could be more rough. I do not like that shouty type of vocals. But thats a personal preference.

Another thing; why not make the into part of the first song? Kinda like 'Hell Awaits' from Slayer...

In general I like this disc!
Thanks for making it available through download.

I like the music. Good rhythms and leads. But the vocals could be more rough. I do not like that shouty type of vocals. But thats a personal preference.

Another thing; why not make the into part of the first song? Kinda like 'Hell Awaits' from Slayer...

In general I like this disc!
Thanks for making it available through download.

awesome, i'm glad you like it! yeah we're in the studio right now working on a new ep (i'm the vocalist/guitarist) and one thing we are really working on (besides a heavier guitar tone) is making the vocals a lot more aggressive and harsh, on demented perception when i did the vocals i was sick and did them in less than a day so my voice really lost its power and it really motivated me to work a lot harder and better on this next ep.

It would be cool to have the intro be part of the first song yeah, the only problem with that is then you're stuck with being forced to have that intro to the song, on a previous ep we did the same thing too and we like to switch it up live and not be stuck having to play the same intro to the same song every single time. thanks for the feedback though, we'll definitely think about having some permanent intro songs in the future!

awesome, i'm glad you like it! yeah we're in the studio right now working on a new ep (i'm the vocalist/guitarist) and one thing we are really working on (besides a heavier guitar tone) is making the vocals a lot more aggressive and harsh, on demented perception when i did the vocals i was sick and did them in less than a day so my voice really lost its power and it really motivated me to work a lot harder and better on this next ep.

It would be cool to have the intro be part of the first song yeah, the only problem with that is then you're stuck with being forced to have that intro to the song, on a previous ep we did the same thing too and we like to switch it up live and not be stuck having to play the same intro to the same song every single time. thanks for the feedback though, we'll definitely think about having some permanent intro songs in the future!

Hey man, thanks for your reaction. I understand how hard it is to sing the right way. Especially when you have to play guitar at the same time. :)

But if you can get your vocals a bit more aggressive the band can really go places I believe. Because the music is great! Btw, I really liked the production as well. Nice balance between a raw and clear sound. Very well done I say. ;)

'Cranial Abyss': nice smashing song, like Hawk said I would have fuse it with the first song as a true intro.

'Two Faced Lie': love the initial drumming, pretty aggressive thrash, the way it should be.

'Invection': (curious name it's like an invention + injection? :p), very good song, like the guitar work a lot.

'Putrescent Resurrection': what kind of true thrash band does not come with a gross titled song? ;)? again nice guitar work and sheer energy

'Incarcerate': very catchy intro, the drumming in insane, love the change at 1:54 to the solo, and great return too.

'Controlled Insanity': love the slow tempo intro, the pace change at 0:23 and then again at 0:44. Catchy chorus, my favorite tune of the EP.

With all this thrash revival around, I have to say that Invection is way more interesting then Evile or Gamma Bomb. IMO sounds like a fresh Slayer only the guitar players DO know how to make a solo, and considering I just was listening to "Agent Orange", this sounds like church bells in comparison. Unlike Hawk I do prefer these vocals, I'm not into harsh stuff. For sure the band has a huge potential ahead if continues this way.

P.S.
If you really like it and want the full cd experience with the real cd, full booklet with lyrics, picture, notes and tons of other stuff to support us then you can order it from Stormspell Records for only $5.99

http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product/invection-demented-perception-ep

You guys sold me the product, I found two awsome Killers albums at an insane price on the site, so I ordered your EP and both albums a minute ago (sometimes PayPal do help) :kickass:

My first impression is that this is a very solid EP. You guys have lots of potential. I'll probably buy this next time I get the chance.

As for vocals, I don't really particularly care whether they're harsh or clean(ish). I thought your vocals were just fine.

'Cranial Abyss': nice smashing song, like Hawk said I would have fuse it with the first song as a true intro.

'Two Faced Lie': love the initial drumming, pretty aggressive thrash, the way it should be.

'Invection': (curious name it's like an invention + injection? :p), very good song, like the guitar work a lot.

'Putrescent Resurrection': what kind of true thrash band does not come with a gross titled song? ;)? again nice guitar work and sheer energy

'Incarcerate': very catchy intro, the drumming in insane, love the change at 1:54 to the solo, and great return too.

'Controlled Insanity': love the slow tempo intro, the pace change at 0:23 and then again at 0:44. Catchy chorus, my favorite tune of the EP.

With all this thrash revival around, I have to say that Invection is way more interesting then Evile or Gamma Bomb. IMO sounds like a fresh Slayer only the guitar players DO know how to make a solo, and considering I just was listening to "Agent Orange", this sounds like church bells in comparison. Unlike Hawk I do prefer these vocals, I'm not into harsh stuff. For sure the band has a huge potential ahead if continues this way.

P.S.

You guys sold me the product, I found two awsome Killers albums at an insane price on the site, so I ordered your EP and both albums a minute ago (sometimes PayPal do help) :kickass:

wow thanks a lot! I'm really glad you like our stuff and thanks to everyone else in the thread for checking it out and the good feedback! The specific feedback really helps a lot, we're never sure of what songs to put in our live setlist and when we come out with a full length what songs we could potentially rework/rerecord so the specific feedback is really appreciated! I'm actually surprised we haven't gotten as much negative feedback, people tend to rip on new thrash a lot for being too generic and boring so it's great to see that people find us interesting enough to listen to, hopefully you guys will enjoy our new material in the future just as much.

I played it again on the job, definitively the album delivers
icon_thumbsup.gif
. Not a single boring moment, as a mater of fact suddenly I was surprised that the speakers were silent (well I guess an EP is short).

Stormspell records confirmed they got my order but they're gonna process it after the turkish massacre (aka Thanksgiving :lol: ), hope I can wait that much including S&H time
loco-1.gif

awesome! I'm really surprised at how well it's doing, stormspell is going to have a tough time shipping all the copies probably haha, i checked the availability bar and it looks like almost half of them have been sold in under a week,I'm just really glad people are digging it and I really hope our next ep can live up to the same expectation or hopefully blow it away haha!

i checked the availability bar and it looks like almost half of them have been sold in under a week

Yeah I noticed it too, I like the way that site shows you the availability. Good for you guys, I think you're doing a good job (keep the vocals clean :saint:)

I also hope you stay in the forum and contribute as a regular, we always welcome fresh new blood and ideas to keep the old school alive. Thanks for coming and introduce us to your band too.

Yeah definitely no problem, I'll probably stick around too, there's just so many awesome forums on the internet its hard to keep up with all of them haha!

Bumping this one since I finally got the EP.

Thanks for had dropping by and get us into your band, we need more stuff like this coming for the old schoolers :D