IO SATVRNALIA!

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Incipit Christmas Thread!

Tonight I'm doing my usual shtick of singing at the 5:00 Christmas mass at my old Catholic church in Cambridge. I volunteer because half the choir is gone, well, on holiday. Then off to a fancy restaurant with my folks in Harvard Square.

I anticipate getting a new set of juggling balls tomorrow, but I have no idea what else. Hopefully money.

What's all's y'all's plans?

I'm going to work today, but I should be home before midnight so I can be with my family at the official start of Christmas.

Ordered the roast duck paired with a bottle of fine zinfandel with the folks tonight. It was godly. And we get home and my pops breaks out a surprise bottle of French cognac. Fuck oui!

It's my birthday! I went to the gym, met friends for lunch, sat around at home, went for a walk with my mom, opened presents, stuffed my face and read 183 pages of The Hobbit.

Tomorrow I'll sit around the house with my parents and my roommate is stopping by our house at noon because her family is crazy. More presents and turkey.

My parents think 2 bottles of champagne is enough for 3 people over 2 days. >_<

Let's see them hauls!

5 new juggling balls
Bottle of Shipyard XXXX IPA
New non-stick frying pan
$150 in cheques
Book on how to insult people in Latin

Got around $400 in money. I spent $160 or so on some good beer, and the rest is being put toward school. My brother also randomly showed up with three fifths of Jameson to give me which made my mother think of some ancient Canadian whisky from the 60s she had sitting around, which she promptly gave to me.

I might also say "fuck it" and treat myself to the Nuclear War Now! sale that ends tomorrow.

Pots and pans 15 piece set Farberware
Northface jacket that my parents got on sale for cheap!
chocolate orange "Whack and Unwrap!"
palm sander
small tools (very useful)
2 pairs of sweatpants
Underarmour longsleeve T (awesome!)
Underarmour shorts
$25 AMC movie money
easy cheese. love it

and for a huge family gift exchange, my uncle got me a Glenlivet 12 gift set. win!

Kindle Keyboard
A case of Sam Adams
$75 from family
$50 gift card from my Pharmacy manager (I was pleasantly surprised by that.)
I treated myself to a DVD of government propaganda films and a CD of Charles Ives "Holidays Symphony."