Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Tony Iommi: guitar
Glenn Hughes: vocals/bass
Kenny Aronoff: drums

Streetdate: July 12
Sanctuary Records

Tracklist: Dopamine, Wasted Again, Saviour Of The Real, Resolution Song, Grace, Deep Inside A Shell, What You're Living For, Face Your Fear, The Spell, I Go Insane.

sixxswine said:
I saw that. Great stuff I'm sure.
You excited about this one Wyvern?!

In the beginnings I wasn't, but now I'm a lot since Hughes also plays the bass. I feel this is going to be a strong project a true successor to "Seventh Star" and a cool return of two great musicians from the very best of the old school.

Who knows? Maybe it'll be the great surprise of 2005 :cool:

sixxswine said:
I don't know about that, but like Wyvern said this sounds like it could be a solid record. More of a band effort, than a side project...
You know it was 1990 this would be called Black Sabbath right?:tickled:

Speaking of that the fact that "Seventh Star" carried the Sabbath moniker due to a label decision has been IMO one of the main factors that lead to the troublesome story of BS after Gillan era.

Still up to this day I consider SA a solo Iommi album, and unlike "Iommi" a real solid effort, in which a band (like Sixx said) more than a project delivered great music on a slab.

Facing that circumstance I do expect that "Fused" will also be a coherent, solid release.

sixxswine said:
I don't know about that, but like Wyvern said this sounds like it could be a solid record. More of a band effort, than a side project...
You know it was 1990 this would be called Black Sabbath right?:tickled:

Check out Hughes' latest, "Soul Move", for a taste of greatness.

His recent albums have been phenomenal (Songs in the Key of Rock 2003, Building the Machines 2001, Return of the Cystal Karma 2000, The Way it Is 1999 and Addiction 1997). All are awesome!

Wyvern said:
Still up to this day I consider SA a solo Iommi album, and unlike "Iommi" a real solid effort, in which a band (like Sixx said) more than a project delivered great music on a slab.

I was trying to listed to the Iommi cd this weekend, but I couldn't make it thru a single track. He's got a bunch of supposed all-star singers, but doesn't lay down any memorable tunes.

The new Fused album sounds like it should be much better.

Check out Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradameus album for Glenn Hughes at his best!

wdiv said:
I was trying to listed to the Iommi cd this weekend, but I couldn't make it thru a single track. He's got a bunch of supposed all-star singers, but doesn't lay down any memorable tunes.

The new Fused album sounds like it should be much better.

Check out Nikolo Kotzev's Nostradameus album for Glenn Hughes at his best!

"Iommi" has its moments mainly Ozzy song, Idol one and Corgan. The rest average from mediocre to umbearable.

I have Kotzev opus, mainly because of Jorn Lande presence and despite Joe Lynn Turner (which sound gayish than ever IMO). Hughes has a unquestionable musical charisma, same he shows in Aina "Days Of Rising Doom".

SoundMaster said:
Everything Hughes touches is golden.

Haven't listened to much of his solo works, but the two albums with J.L.Turner are awesome, especially the 2nd. :worship:
I've never heard Joe Lynn singing as good and as aggressive as on that record!
The opener itself is more than enough! :headbang:

SickBoy said:
Haven't listened to much of his solo works, but the two albums with J.L.Turner are awesome, especially the 2nd. :worship:
I've never heard Joe Lynn singing as good and as aggressive as on that record!
The opener itself is more than enough! :headbang:

Can you really have JLT and aggressive in the same sentence? :Smug:

Another good Glenn Hughes related project: Brazen Abbot - Live & Learn
He only sings on a few songs, but they're definately the bes on the album.

Wyvern said:
Can you really have JLT and aggressive in the same sentence? :Smug:

Well, prior to hearing HTP 2 I thought the same... :tickled:
He does have that raspy r'n'r voice, but always had a kind of girlish attitude and interpretation... But here, he's on par with Hughes! :worship:
Grab the album if you haven't listened to it!

Wyvern said:
and despite Joe Lynn Turner (which sound gayish than ever IMO).
He he, my best friend calls him JoLEEN Turner.

I've never been a huge JLT fan either, but he has sang on some of my personal favorites like Straight Between The Eyes, HTP, and Nikolo Kotzev's Nastradamus. I really liked him on Nostradamus because he adopted Glenn Hughe's style of singing for that one.

As for Iommi/Hughes Fused, I saw some song samples last night on Melodicrock.com if anyone wants a sneak preview. It's very near the top of the page, sixth at the time of this post.

http://www.melodicrock.com/minibytes.html

I haven't heard them yet, but I am downloading them. I really liked how melodicrock started posting higher quality mp3 samples, but I was on DSL then. On dial up, it's a pain in the ass! 2 megs for a 1:50 sample. Bah! Humbug!