Ion Vein gear

Hey Nick,

Sure, here goes:

On Reigning Memories, we used Mesa Boogie Mark IV heads with a classic Boogie Cab (mine) and a Recto Cab (John's) mic'd with a Shure SM58, that's it! We tried four different mic's on all four speakers of each cab to come up with that combo. I used my Carvin DC400 w/ DiMarzio tone zone for most of my rhythms with my Carvin V220 w/ EMG81 for the Power of You which needed a cleaner sound. I used the V220 for all my leads too. John used his PRS Custom 24 w/ DiMarzio Evolution pickup for all his rythms/leads. He also used his Gibson ES175 for some clean stuff and his Martin for acoustic. I used my Taylor310 for my acoustic sound. Neil used a variety of things to dial in the final tones with a Lexicon PCM80, I believe providing the delay/reverb.

Today, I still use the Boogie MarkIV/classic cab setup with a Lexicon MPX1 in my effects loop for some chorus and rev/delay. However, I'm considering a Boogie Road King and Recto Cab but we'll see how much better I like that.

I like to keep my sound as pure as possible so it's as in your face as possible. I'm also using PRS guitars these days, a stock gold-top single cut which rules and a Custom 24 with DiMarzio Evolution bridge and Air Norton neck pickups. I've also added a Washburn WG587 7-string w/ Evolution/Air Norton pickups to my reportoire as well.

Hope that helps....
Chris