ION VEIN/SACRED DAWN/SLICK Heavy Metal Halloween bash

Chris Lotesto

Uncle Fester
Aug 6, 2004
www.ionvein.com
top five reasons to get your fannies out:
-METAL
-HALLOWEEN WEEKEND (hotties in costume!!)
-DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME ENDS (1 more hour of partying)
-AC/DC after party
-METAL

btw...SLICK features former RADAKKA members Jon Dobbs and Dean Maltese...
CCL-nov08_2.jpg

You know I'll be there. Ahem, I now I must hate you for reminding me of the time change. BUT, errrm, I thought the "fall back" was later?? It used to always be Halloween weekend, but I thought the light gods that be gave us an extra week as of last year... :cry:

Probably not going to make this one, though I did recently see Slick give a seminar on how to rock when they played with a few high school kid's bands at the Clearwater Theater a few weeks ago. They always put on a great show.

I'm glad I had a chance to make it out to the show since I missed the last Ion Vein appearance at City Limits a few months back.

I took some pics if anyone is interested.

ionvein-081101-06.jpg

More: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/media/fotos/music/ionvein/081101.shtml

It was good to see Sacred Dawn again, too. There are some new faces in the band (not in this picture tho').

sacreddawn-081101-09.jpg

More: http://www.eyesoffyr.com/media/fotos/music/sacreddawn/081101.shtml

I've also added a feed page to my site for anyone who would like to to subscribe to my oh so very exciting updates. :loco: The feed is pretty basic at the moment and I haven't thoroughly tested it with a wide range of readers but it seems to be working for the most part with the IE reader. There may be bugs to work out so please bear with me.

Thanks

Great pics Rebecca! I saw you up front but never made it over to say hello. Sorry!

Loved the "Halloween" stage setup. Was good to see SD with their new drummer, Eddie. Their holiday appropriate cover of "See You In Hell" at the end was freakin' AWESOME. Unfortunately I had to leave during Ion Vein's set, but their energy on stage never let up for the tunes I was able to hear!

Great pics Rebecca! I saw you up front but never made it over to say hello. Sorry!

Loved the "Halloween" stage setup. Was good to see SD with their new drummer, Eddie. Their holiday appropriate cover of "See You In Hell" at the end was freakin' AWESOME. Unfortunately I had to leave during Ion Vein's set, but their energy on stage never let up for the tunes I was able to hear!

SD covered See you in Hell!?

shit thats awesome! anybody willing to format the soundboard recording onto cds? I'll pay for mine of course.

^^There were about six people total in costume, including myself. Since I had to leave during Ion Vein I'm not sure if there was a contest, but I doubt it! Haha. Lothar did a fine job pelting people with candy though!

Who was the guy (or gal) dressed as The Reaper? Anyone know?

The 'ween decorations on the stage were awesome. I got pelted with some of that candy too. Haha

Thanks for checking out the pics!

^^I have no idea. That guy/girl came up to me and shook my hand...probably because I was one of the few dressed to the max. He/she didn't stay very long...

One of Saturday night's mysteries...SHOW YOURSELF!

Great shots, Rebecca, nice to see you out at the show! I tapped
you to saw hi but you were scurrying by and don't think you
recognized me! haha

Sacred Dawn and Slick kicked ass....and SD did a killer job decorating
the stage....I walked in after running out for a bit and was like WOW,
that's f'ing cool!!

Buzznews.net did a really nice review of our portion of the show but
did give SD and Slick a nice shout out...check it out here:
Ion Vein Leads Metal March on Hallow's Eve

Thanks to everyone that came out, it was a great crowd and a great time! :headbang: