Irish Coffee, real OLDschool

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
While surfin and searching for Local metal bands in Belgium I saw a bio witch
mentioned influences by Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple , etc.... so I checked it
out and found info about this oldschool (early 70's) Belgian Hard Rock band
Irish Coffee. I thought I'd share this little piece of hardrock history with you
guys as most probably never heard of them (well, I never heard of them and
I live in this damn small country). I managed to find an online song
called "Masterpiece" wich was released in 1971. Sounds like Uriah Heep,
here's the MP3

http://users.skynet.be/blinkit/irish_coffee/masterpiece.mp3

I have ordered the CD, I'm pretty curious about the rest of the songs. This
single is supposed to be one of the most sougth after 70's singles, luckely
they rereleased all on CD and Vinyl a while ago.

The band split already in 1975 but have reformed this year, and have
recorded some new stuff very similar to their early work.
Irish coffee early 70's

irishcofee.jpg

Irish Coffee now

DSCF0063a.JPG

Sounds damn good!! Great singer and a very good song. Listning to it now! Yep! This is right up my ally. I love this stuff!!

Aaah the sound of the vintage Hammond, its like music to my ears :)

My favorite keyboard player is still John Lord!

Can you give me the link you used to order this?

Thanks man!! I am always grateful to people who introduce me to good "new" bands :lol:

Hawk said:
Sounds damn good!! Great singer and a very good song. Listning to it now! Yep! This is right up my ally. I love this stuff!!

Aaah the sound of the vintage Hammond, its like music to my ears :)

My favorite keyboard player is still John Lord!

Can you give me the link you used to order this?

Thanks man!! I am always grateful to people who introduce me to good "new" bands :lol:

Nice to hear you like it. I was quit suprised to hear this early hardrock coming from a belgian band....
I ordered it in an Italian second hand shop along with another early "prog" Belgian band called Isopoda.
http://progressive.homestead.com/prog6.html
not really hard rock that one...you can order the CD of Irish Coffee through their website I think,
http://users.skynet.be/blinkit/irish_coffee/

Just found a MP3 fragment from Isopoda
http://217.128.227.4/boutique/mp3/3426300042828.mp3
I think that Moog sound is cool !
probably too old fashion for some but it's kinda prog
from the first houre....this is from their (1979) second album "Taking Root",
which seems a bit heavier than the first (1978) "Acrostichon", told to be
very (old)"Genisis" like. (Not sure, I don't know the old Genesis that well)

3426300041401.gif

3426300042828.gif

Great find Carnut!!! I've been going through a 70's hard rock faze here lately. There are sooooo many forgotten hard rock bands from that period in time, some great underground music still waiting to be found.

Runehammer said:
Too bloody right he is, followed by the (somewhat eccentric) Vince Crane. :worship:
I have Rick Wakeman first, and Jon Lord second :D

Wyvern said:
I have Rick Wakeman first, and Jon Lord second :D

Don't know if you would like Vanden Plas or not. They are melodic prog, but their keyboard player, just plays with VP part time. His real job is God. No, he is not bledadad bledad bledadaboodee dee stuff like Dream Theater keyboards. He can wipe the floor clean with the best guitarists in the world on solos when it is appropriate, but also uses natural piano and strings and sets a mood for the songs without "softening up" the guitar. He's just fucking amazing. Keyboards aren't one of my favorite instruments, but in my ears he is on a different level than any other kb player I can think of.

Bryant

carnut said:
Than he must be a real asshole ... :loco:
I just ordered VP Beyond daylight, will let you know what I think bout the keys !!
I can't wait. The whole band is excellent. Gunter really takes keys to a different level though. I will now work my mind control....... Vanden Plas is the best band you have ever heard......... obey Bryant......... vanden Plas is the best band you have ever heard.......... obey Bryant.....
Well to be honest, I am still not very good at mind control, but maybe even if Vanden Plas isn't the best you have ever heard, I think you will like them. They kick ass !!!

Bryant said:
I can't wait. The whole band is excellent. Gunter really takes keys to a different level though. I will now work my mind control....... Vanden Plas is the best band you have ever heard......... obey Bryant......... vanden Plas is the best band you have ever heard.......... obey Bryant.....
Well to be honest, I am still not very good at mind control, but maybe even if Vanden Plas isn't the best you have ever heard, I think you will like them. They kick ass !!!

you'll be the first to know if I get the CD's ! hey, PM me your adress for that beer !! :kickass: