Iron Maiden Albums????

Mountain Man

Blow It All To Hell!
Feb 24, 2002
West Virginia
Here are the questions:

1. Which Iron Maiden studio album is your favorite, and why?

2. Which Iron Maiden live album is your favorite, and why?

My favorite studio album is the 1983 classic "Piece of Mind." This album brings these elements to the table: solid song writing, examples: Revelations & The Trooper and the list could go on, great dual guitar work, which you can hear Maiden's progression in the harmony area loud and clear, finally Bruce's vocals are great. He hits the high notes like crazy. Just listen to the last part of The Flight Of Icarus.

My favorite live album is "Live After Death." This album is excellent. Maiden was at their best when this album was recorded (The World Slavery Tour 1984-1985). What makes this album so damn good is the sound quality, the audience and the songs Maiden did for the album. The guys in the group all had strong performances on their instruments and the music comes together strong as hell. Damn I love this album! It's definitely one, if not the best live metal album ever released.

That's it. Thanks for reading and go ahead and post your opinions. Up The Irons!

My favorite Iron Maiden studio album is "Seventh son . . ."
- I think it is their most progressive album, but also their most ambitious.

Live After Death is the only live album I have heard in its entirety. So it would be my favorite. Not a very good reason, but the truth.

Note: Iron Maiden "No Prayer for the Dying" is their most overlooked album, in my opinion.

Studio Album - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. I love the theme behind the lyrics.

Live album - I prefer bootlegs but out of the recorded albums I'd say Live After Death. The atmosphere, the set list and the recording quality are all spot on.

Best live album for me is Rock in Rio because i thinks it catures the iron maiden live exspeairace. :)

Best studio.....il have to get back to you :D

Originally posted by Mountain Man
Here are the questions:

1. Which Iron Maiden studio album is your favorite, and why?

2. Which Iron Maiden live album is your favorite, and why?

My favorite studio album is the 1983 classic "Piece of Mind." This album brings these elements to the table: solid song writing, examples: Revelations & The Trooper and the list could go on, great dual guitar work, which you can hear Maiden's progression in the harmony area loud and clear, finally Bruce's vocals are great. He hits the high notes like crazy. Just listen to the last part of The Flight Of Icarus.

My favorite live album is "Live After Death." This album is excellent. Maiden was at their best when this album was recorded (The World Slavery Tour 1984-1985). What makes this album so damn good is the sound quality, the audience and the songs Maiden did for the album. The guys in the group all had strong performances on their instruments and the music comes together strong as hell. Damn I love this album! It's definitely one, if not the best live metal album ever released.

That's it. Thanks for reading and go ahead and post your opinions. Up The Irons!

I agree with you 100%

Seventh Son: I love everything about it. Music, vocals, lyrics and even one kick ass cover.

Live after Death: This is THE top live metal album I have heard, just great performance.

Also the DVD Raising Hell is good, it was Bruce's last show with Maiden before they split.

Album: Hell, I really can't decide. Probably either 7th Son (just awesome song writing all around, great atmosphere) or Powerslave (So many cool songs). I like the attitude of Piece Of Mind as well, that one's right up there.

Live After Death is the album I put on if I want to hear some cool Maiden stuff, it's at the top of my list of all their releases. Great selection of songs, great performance.

IRON GAY-DON????
HMMMMM USED TO LISTEN TO A LOT.
APART FROM .... "FUCK FACTOR"..."GAY NEW WORLD" AND "VIRTUAL SEX" EVERY THING ELSE IS GOOD....THO' A VERY PERSONAL OPINION.
NOT HEARD "LIVE IN RIO".....

I ALWAYS LIKE "KILLERS" THE MOST....A VERY GOOD CONCEPT ALBUM....PAUL DI'ANNO AT HIS BEST!

My favorite Maiden album is "The number of the beast"! Back in the early 90's I was a major Maiden fan, but lost interest in their music around '97 or something and sold all my stuff. Now I like them again and "Number..." is my favorite, but back then "Piece of mind" was my favorite. When I look at it now, I don't think it has that many good songs, except for "To tame a land" (my favorite Maiden song) and "Where eagles dare". By the way, "Number..." is also among my top 20 records of all time! I listen to so much else than metal, so I think that's pretty good, when metal only takes up less than 10% of my collection.

Oh yeah, my favorite live album is "Live after death" too. "A real live one" has only newer songs than '85 and I think Maiden wasn't as good in that period. "A real dead one" is not so good either. It's kind of like when you've heard "Live after death", you've also heard "A real dead one". Maybe this has also something to do with them playing the songs very similar to the studioversions (also on "Live after death") The same could be said about "Live at Donnington". My favorite live album is probably P-Funk All-stars' "Live at the Beverly theater in Hollywood" from 1990, although it was recorded in 1983. Their versions aren't so similar to the studio recordings. Especially "Give up the funk" on that album is improved! As another plus they also have Dennis Chambers playing drums on it and he's a superb drummer and he's gotten even better now!

Originally posted by npearce
My favorite Iron Maiden studio album is "Seventh son . . ."
- I think it is their most progressive album, but also their most ambitious.

Live After Death is the only live album I have heard in its entirety. So it would be my favorite. Not a very good reason, but the truth.

i agree 100%

Ok everyone is gonna kill me, but my favorite maiden album is "Somewhere in Time" I like the guitar synth and the choruses are catchy, does anyone have the 2 disc version with the extra trackes. "Reach out" is an awesome song which is on the second disc !!!

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Studio: The Number Of The Beast or Powerslave. I can´t decide which one of them. Both are like the best albums ever.

Live: Live After Death. Of course... It´s the best live album ever. The songs are even better here than on the studio albums.

Agree 100%, although I lean towards Powerslave just because "Back in the Village" could be one of their greatest guitar riffs ever, and "Two Minutes to Midnight" is an IM anthem that NEVER gets boring.

Live After Death - not only IM's best live album, but one of the best live albums ever from any band.

Anything that Janick Gers touched fell to pieces - and yes, I'll include Brave New World with it's repetitive choruses and lack of inspiration. Bruce - get back to your solo career!

does anyone have the 2 disc version with the extra trackes. "Reach out" is an awesome song which is on the second disc !!!
That song is also on the 12" of "Stranger in a strange land" or "Wasting love" or whatever that song was called from "Somewhere in time". I had the double 12" issue that was issued when they made that "The first 10 years" stuff in 1990. I also remember a song from that called "The sherif of Huddersfield" which was about Rod Smallwood (their manager).