Iron Maiden "En Vivo!" DVD

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
Being the lifelong Maiden fan that I am, an admitted fanboy and damned proud of it, I received my copy of their latest DVD (Blu-Ray format) in the mail earlier this week and have gotten a chance to watch it a few times through and all I can say is in 2012 Maiden is still very much a relevant heavy metal band.

They display more energy than bands half their age and always deliver live, and the crowds always respond. Watching this show in front of 50,000 rabid Maiden fans brought back memories of the great "Rock in Rio" show - damn those South Americans crowds love their Maiden.

While many in the modern metal world may dismiss them as being well past their prime, it's certainly not on display in theri live performances. They are still, at least to me, the defining band of the Arena/Stadium metal days and always worth the price of a ticket or if one was unable to attend, the cost of a DVD.

Great performance, great crowd, great video shoot with great sound. I particularly liked that they used a lot of split screen editing instead of the more modern jerky camera to camera, angel to angel switching found in many concert DVDs these days.

So if you are a Maiden fan, or even if your not, it's a great concert and an example to younger performers what 6 guys with an average age of 55 can still accomplish in a live setting - kicking ass and delivering the goods.

Up the Irons!!!!!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

ironmaiden638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw them on the Somewhere Back In Time tour and it's easily, easily the best show I've ever been to. Granted they were not playing newer stuff but still I can imagine I would have been just as stoked. One of the best bands ever to exist.

Hearing Blood Brothers on that preview made me open Spotify and play Brave New World. LOVE IT

EDIT: AND SHIT, hearing Iron Maiden the song made me put their first album on que.

Got this but not had chance to watch it all the way through yet. The bits I have watched were bloody amazing though. The Talisman live is a belter!

+1 Dan

Quoted from the "Latest CD puchases thread.." a week or so ago............

en_vivo_blu-ray-17687359-frntl.jpg

Got it yesterday. I prefer the latest songs with this Live mix, better than the album mix. Camera/angle changes can be a bit too frequent and disjoined. In the same song Dave can be playing his Strat one minute and his LP the next and back again (Blood Brothers I think it was). They filmed 2 nights and hashed parts together I guess. Adrians Lead tone is great. He was using a JCM2000 DSL 100 (I assume no reamping?). Dave and Adrian add some variation to their Leads, keeping the basic structure there beginning and end but spicing up the middle. I don't listen to Gers' leads so don't know what he does. They should just unplug him, lol. Bonus Doco is pretty good too showing preparation/modifying of the plane as well as some lighting and audio/desk setup. Pretty insightful.

+1 Dean

Adrians Lead Tone is worth buying it for. Used to be a massive Davey fanboy in the 80's, but Adrians phrasing/expression has grown on me massively.

Adrians tone is awesome !! that les paul gold top and a set of EL 34s are pure sonic damage

....whats even more interesting is that Dave Murray played a les paul when in Melbourne and the tone ripped my face clear off

always been a huge fan of the maiden solo tone :OMG:

Adrians tone is awesome !! that les paul gold top and a set of EL 34s are pure sonic damage

....whats even more interesting is that Dave Murray played a les paul when in Melbourne and the tone ripped my face clear off

always been a huge fan of the maiden solo tone :OMG:

This. Those EL34's? Another shout out to the Guv'nor Jim Marshall...RIP sir. I can't wait to see them again for I think my 12th time on the Maiden England tour this summer in Toronto!!! :headbang: