Iron Maiden:Flight 666 showing April 21

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
"IRON MAIDEN: FLIGHT 666 is a full length documentary film, about the first leg of the band's historic SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME WORLD TOUR in February and March of 2008, considered to be the most ambitious and adventurous tour in rock history. The film is a revealing portrait of one of the world's most successful rock bands and an inspirational and often humorous account of the chaotic world of a band on tour around the stadiums of the world.

Circumnavigating the globe in just 45 days, the band flew in a specially customized Boeing 757 airliner, piloted by lead singer Bruce Dickinson, with the entire tour crew and 12 tons of music and stage equipment on board, to 23 sold out stadium and arena shows in Asia, Australia and North, Central and South America. The band played in 13 countries, also landing in Azerbaijan and Papua New Guinea en route for fuel stops, traveling 50,000 miles (70,000 km) and performing to almost half a million fans – a schedule that was only made possible by having their own "magic carpet" which enabled them to go where they wanted with all the key elements of band, crew and equipment on board one plane, christened ED FORCE ONE.

Flight 666 gives a close up inside the scenes look at what happened on and off stage, when Maiden gave full access to a film crew for the first time ever, and contains some of the most spectacular live footage yet seen of Maiden. If you want to know what it is like to be part of the most adventurous tour in Rock history, you can't miss seeing this. Taking you from Mumbai to Santiago, LA to Sydney, Tokyo to San Paolo, Buenos Aires to Toronto and all points between, through exhaustion and fan pandemonium, traveling with band and crew on the plane, to and from shows, in the bar and during leisure time, this really is Access All Areas!!!

The film is produced by celebrated award–winning film makers Scot McFadyen and Sam Dunn of Banger Productions, based in Toronto, Canada, who have received international critical acclaim for their previous movies, METAL: A HEADBANGERS JOURNEY and GLOBAL METAL.

Shot in High Definition, the movie will be released in digital cinemas around the world, with superb 5.1 surround sound, mixed by the band's producer Kevin "Caveman" Shirley.

Iron Maiden's Manager, Rod Smallwood commented, "This film is a testament to an extraordinary tour and to our incredible fans all over the world. Seeing it on the big screen will make you feel like you were there on that spectacular journey."

Iron Maiden: Flight 666 is an honest and revealing portrait of one of the worlds most successful rock bands and a must–see for all Maiden fans and anyone interested in rock and what it is really like to tour at this level.

Advance tickets now available online and at the theatre boxoffice. All seats $10.00 for this special event."

http://www.youtube.com/flight666movie for sneaky peeks at the forthcoming movie.
http://www.ironmaiden.com/flight666 for cinema tickets - many US dates added ths week.

Got my ticket for the Chicago showing...UP THE IRONS! :headbang:

I doubt I'll see this up here in cheeseland, will check the links when I get to work.
Hoping this makes it to DVD, knowing Maiden, I'm sure it will.... :headbang:

Not showing in Atlanta. Or anywhere near.

As if THAT was unusual for Maiden...... :mad:

Yeah I know paul! WTFF?! I mean, I really thought that Maiden knew that they have A HUGE FANBASE in georgia & the surrounding states!!! I myself, have at least 30-something Iron Maiden T-shirts!!!! And y'all probably ask "Why do you wear them still if they don't play in The ATL anymore?!" Right? Well it's simple, I Just Fuckin' STILL LOVE MAIDEN!!!! I Just know, someday (I'm Hoping!) they'll come back here! I mean am I wrong or what, but was it not in 1996 @ The Masquerade w/ Blaze Bayley on "The X Factor" tour w/ Fear Factory opening, that, THAT was the VERY LAST show that Iron Maiden officially played here in Atlanta? Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong? Please tell me it hasn't been 13 fuckin' years since they played here??:erk:

Yeah I know paul! WTFF?! I mean, I really thought that Maiden knew that they have A HUGE FANBASE in georgia & the surrounding states!!! I myself, have at least 30-something Iron Maiden T-shirts!!!! And y'all probably ask "Why do you wear them still if they don't play in The ATL anymore?!" Right? well it's simple, I Just Fuckin' STILL LOVE MAIDEN!!!! I Just know, someday (I'm Hoping!) they'll come back here! I mean am I wrong or what, but was it not in 1996 @ The Masquerade w/ Blaze Bayley on "The X Factor" tour w/ Fear Factory opening, that, THAT was the VERY LAST show that Iron Maiden officially played here in Atlanta? Someone PLEASE tell me I'm wrong? Please tell me it hasn't been 13 fuckin' years since they played here??:erk:
Amen, brother! My thoughts exactly. It really tears me up when I think about it, because Maiden is and always has been my favorite metal band-EVER!:headbang::kickass::worship:

I doubt I'll see this up here in cheeseland, will check the links when I get to work.
Hoping this makes it to DVD, knowing Maiden, I'm sure it will.... :headbang:

definately my friend!!:headbang:

also check this out:
Found this on Fox Business...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/iro...sxsw-festival/

Check it out at a theatre near you on April 21!

Chula Vista AZ UltraStar Chula Vista 10
Phoenix AZ UltraStar Surprise Pointe Cinema
Apple Valley CA UltraStar Apple Valley
Concord CA Brenden Concord 14
Los Angeles CA Mann Chinese 6
Los Angeles/Riverside CA UltraStar Fontana 8
San Diego CA UltraStar Mission Valley
San Diego CA UltraStar Mission Marketplace
Denver CO Kerasotes Chinese 16 at Arapahoe Crossing
Fort Lauderdale FL Trademark Coral Square 8
Melbourne FL Rave Avenue 16
Penascola FL Rave Pensacola 18
West Palm Beach FL Rave St. Lucie West 14
Tampa FL Muvico Starlight 20
Dubuque IA Kerasotes Star 14
Omaha IA Kerasotes Star Cinema 16 and IMAX
Chicago IL Kerasotes City North 14
Rockford IL Kerasotes ShowPlace 16
Springfield IL Kerasotes ShowPlace 12 West
Chicago IL Kerasotes Showplace 12
Indianapolis IN Kerasotes ShowPlace 16 and IMAX
Terre Haute IN Kerasotes ShowPlace 12
Birch Run MI Emagine Cinema Hollywood
Detroit MI Emagine Canton
Grand Rapids MI Celebration! Cinema North
Kalamazoo MI Celebration! Crossroads Cinema
Lansing MI Celebration! Cinemas Lansing IMAX
Minneapolis MN Kerasotes ShowPlace 16
Omaha NE Marcus Village Pointe Cinemas
Parsippany NJ Clearview Parsippany 12
Las Vegas NV Brenden Theatres and IMAX
Long Island NY Clearview Port Washington - Main St
New York City NY Clearview's Chelsea Cinemas
Pittsburgh PA Carmike 10
Charleston SC Carmike James Island 8 Cinema
Nashville TN Thoroughbred 20
Dallas/Fort Worth TX Rave North East Mall 18
El Paso TX Carmike 16
Houston TX Santikos Silverado 19 IMAX
San Antonio TX Santikos Palladium
Salt Lake City UT Carmike Hollywood Connection 15
Madison WI Marcus Point UltraScreen Cinema
Milwaukee WI Marcus Ridge Cinemas

More dates coming soon!

I'll be there in Hollyweird at the Grauman's Chinese Theater - can't freeking wait!!!

Up The Irons!!!

Parsippany NJ Clearview Parsippany 12
The closest it's coming to the MD/DC/VA area! Grrr... :heh: Let's hope they're not kidding when they say more dates coming soon. At this point, Nick and I might even try to catch it in Charleston SC (Carmike James Island 8 Cinema) since we are down that way quite a bit recently.

Minneapolis MN Kerasotes ShowPlace 16
Nathan, is this going to be at one of your theaters?
(Brent? Tammy? Any ideas if the SwordLord's looking into getting this one? He's the most metal theater owner I know.)

PS - Sam Dunn is my fucking idol!

Looks like Nathan will be screening the film after all! Check out the Blabbermouth article for more details. Personally, I will be seeing it here in the DFW area with SeeYouInHell and a few other buddies - can't wait!

The closest it's coming to the MD/DC/VA area! Grrr... :heh: Let's hope they're not kidding when they say more dates coming soon. At this point, Nick and I might even try to catch it in Charleston SC (Carmike James Island 8 Cinema) since we are down that way quite a bit recently.

Nathan, is this going to be at one of your theaters?
(Brent? Tammy? Any ideas if the SwordLord's looking into getting this one? He's the most metal theater owner I know.)

PS - Sam Dunn is my fucking idol!

Yea, we are showing it at the Riverview, a theatre in Minneapolis, owned by Nathan's partner at one of his theatres. For more info, as it has already been said, see blabbermouth.net

We can't wait!

Just got home a little bit ago from seeing this with SeeYouInHell and a couple other buddies and it was a very enjoyable documentary. It was really interesting to see the behind the scenes activities that it took to pull off this tour and all of that is mixed in with performance footage as you would expect. It was really cool seeing how the fans around the world react to Maiden as they arrived in their country - Latin America especially. It's not groundbreaking film making or anything like that, but still it's a very solid look into one of metal's most treasured bands as they traverse the globe. Definitely recommended.