Iron Maiden - Personal Stories

metalfan1991

New Metal Member
Jun 28, 2010
Hey, I want to start a post where people can talk about how they got into Iron Maiden and how they inspired them and what they mean to them.
If i get enough good stories I might make a video on youtube containing some of the best ones.

Here is my story

Since I was twelve I have been quite a big Iron Maiden Fan. I first went to see them when I was 12 and they were my first proper concert, my interest in guitar based music dramatically increased after that.
I saw them at Nottingham Arena just after they had released Dance of Death.
One of the characteristic things I remember is Eddie the Giant Zombie, literally popping out of the stage as a massive inflatable puppet like atrocity! It was epic! One of the things I was so impressed with was Bruce's agility on stage, he was flipping, running jumping and screaming all the time, on a seemingly endless shot of adrenaline. They had spring boards and trampolines behind amps and monitors which bruce made great use of. It blew me away.
Now I am happy to say that I am excited for their new instalment "The Final Frontier."
I have only heard one song from it as of now which is El Dorado, and from what I have heard I like it very much.
It's fairly different to their earlier stuff, it still contains the classic cantering guitars, but lacks much melody in the guitars.
However it makes up for that with a great chorus and high energy which gives the track it's live feel. You can download it for free on www.ironmaiden.com or join the facebook group for live updates at www.facebook.com/ironmaiden

Happy Listening!

The Album is released on the 16th of August!

Let me know of your story!