Which is the best Iron Maiden tribute song?

isn't the Lead singer From Bodom is same from sentence. Cause a friend of mine (for the longest time) told me sentenced became bodom. However, Sentence still releases songs and so does Bodom. Any clairfication would be nice.

however, All Maiden Tunes are Great regardless who are covering them but, i would probably say the best ones are

Naglfar - Evil me that do... (something about his voice makes the song great ??)
Therion - Children of the Damned
Sentenced - Trooper

Cheers.

A) Sentenced and Bodom does not have anything in common except for their country of origin

B) Bodom did NOT cover Trooper. Check out Sentenced's Story (best of album) from 1997 or The Trooper EP from 1993.

Steel Prophet's "The Ides of March" and Solitude Aeturnus' "Hallowed be thy Name" are excellent, however I think Altar's "The Trooper" is my favorite. Most (well, ALL but Altar's) death metal Maiden covers sound HORRIBLE, but they added a little of their own style to it, and I think it came out wonderful.

The cover ofTthe Trooper from Lord Belial is very interesting, never heard the song with Blast Beats again.
I remember an interview where Bruce says that he didn´t like IM covers, but the one from Cradle is an exception. A little strange if you ask me...

I like Morgion's version of "To Tame A Land" and New Eden's "Phantom Of The Opera". I have over 40 tribute songs to Iron Maiden amonsgt my collection. Some are awesome and some simply mildly interesting.

although i hate them, cradle of filths hallowed be thy name, was a goodun
dark tranquillity - 22 acacia avenue i like
arch enemies aces high is prety cool.

what about six feet under's wrathchild \m/ hah

Get 'Numbers From the Beast: An All Star Tribute to Maiden'. Has paul gilbert, ritchie kotzen, george lynch and loads of others on guitar and lemmy from motorhead, paul di'anno the old maiden singer doing vocals on a couple. And in topic of the thread, i'd probably say Aces High from the album I mentioned or Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iced Earth