Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest

Which band do you like more, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Judas Priest

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • To damn hard to decide!

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Judas Fuckin' Priest!

I saw them live yesterday and they ruled! Halford moved like an old man but sang like a Metal God :)
The last time I saw Iron Maiden (right before they released Dance Of Death) didn't impress me at all.

Zac said:
Maiden have done lots of Synth stuff as well. (Somewhere In Time)
They also have had their share of cock rock.... Weekend Warrior? Bring Your Daughter? And of course Hooks In You, all could be put in that genre.

Funny thing is Maiden does have varied sound, however the songs that aren't in their typical arrangment, are considered crap by most.
Maiden used synth but not liek how Priest used it. When maiden originally used it it was to accentuate the music where as Priest amde it a big part fo the music, really polished. Also I thought Maiden cock rock type stuff was closer to just hard rock or older metal it didn't have the cheesy wimpy guitars and such, and the only one with fullout panzy is Wasting Love, which for some reason I don't mind.

Katana Overlord said:
Maiden used synth but not liek how Priest used it. When maiden originally used it it was to accentuate the music where as Priest amde it a big part fo the music, really polished. Also I thought Maiden cock rock type stuff was closer to just hard rock or older metal it didn't have the cheesy wimpy guitars and such, and the only one with fullout panzy is Wasting Love, which for some reason I don't mind.

Yet, after the synth experimentation, Priest released an album about 5 million megatons heavier than Maiden ever was. ;)

Katana Overlord said:
Yeah Painkiller was a return to form. But I sort of wonder if it was forced, like you said from synth to Painkiller...
I'd say the addition of Scott Travis, the anger from the whole suicide case, and the fact that Priest wanted to go speedy in the first place totally fueled the awesomeness of Painkiller.

I think both bands have awesome songwriting ability, but pre- Janick Gers Maiden is a more technically proficient band. Smith/Murray tear Downing/Tipton apart as guitar players. Both Adrian and Dave are solid Rythm players and can beat any lead work that Glenn or KK could muster. Vocally, Halford and Dickinson are close to equal. Rythm section though, Maiden wins again. Clive Burr and Nicko McBrain both beat any drummer that Priest has had. and Steve Harris beats Ian Hill without question!!!

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang: :worship: :worship: :worship: