Iron Maiden's ‘Brave New World’

RoboCaster

Victory is at hand.
Jan 7, 2005
www.fenderforum.com
I just got the ‘Brave New World’ CD this weekend, and I love it! :headbang: , I’ve heard a dude put it down before, saying that Iron Maiden efforts were mediocre since like 85’ but, I don’t agree with that. I think that the songs are more mature, deeper and more musical; the guitars are like big, big guitar sound! “Blood Brothers”, “Dream of Mirrors” are great musical and have some nice musical note picking too; he rest songs are the same too, so now I have to listen and memorize the details in my mind all day while I work, then I can pick ‘em up on my guitar. You know the CD was released 5 years ago, I can’t believe I so behind the curve… :confused:

Hey RoboCaster,

I agree with you... I picked up Brave New World in '03 and was blown away.
The songs are crafted well and deep. With Bruce and Adrian back in the picture, the energy feels good. I think it is one kick ass CD. Nicko's drumming is fricken insane.

much Maiden love :D

--David

Can anyone (drummers) tell me what Nicko's bass drum is doing on Deja Vu and Caught Somewhere in Time? His single bass work is OFF THE HOOK!! :worship: I can't comprehend what the hell he is doing! EXTREMELY FAST and TIGHT! WOW!

Nicko :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Metallicat180 said:
Brave New World is my all time favourite Maiden album. It's just incredible!!! Out Of The Silent Planet is my favourite, that song just rocks sooooo much!!!!!

"Out Of The Silent Planet" is a good one too, I have a thing for "The Nomad", and the "Mercenary" - I love that picking rhythm.

Metallicat180 said:
The Nomad iwould have been an awesome instrumental cos the music's awesome!! :headbang:

Yeap - after I listened to it over and over, I do believe my favorite guitar playing song from this CD will be "Thin Line between Love and Hate".

It just has it all, beat, rhythm, leads and it's long about 9 minutes, and you can live it for a long time when you play. That's what I love about Iron Maiden and that type of music.

Then "Mercenary", then "Blood Brothers", then the rest.