Iron Maiden's "Death On The Road" DVD to receive theatre screening!

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
Yo local folks, did you know this?

01. New Jersey
Theatre: Edgewater Multiplex Cinemas
Tel: 201.840.0699

02. New York
Theatre: Brooklyn Pavilion Cinema
Tel: 718.369.0836

IRON MAIDEN's new live DVD, "Death on the Road", will receive big-screen debut on Tuesday, February 21 in select cities across the U.S. This will be the North American premiere of "Death on the Road", captured live during their 2003 "Dance of Death Tour" and filmed at the Westenfalenhalle Arena, Dortmund, Germany.

This special one-night-only event will take place in nine cities across America and be presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound.....

full story:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=48213

Walter_Langkowski said:
I haven't heard DOTR yet. I don't know of the sound quality comparisons between the two, but I can say they both suffer from...a lack of innovation in the setlists. Bigtime.

Seriously, do you have ANY CLUE what you're talking about?

I think not.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Seriously, do you have ANY CLUE what you're talking about?

I think not.

:D

Uhh, to return the remark, what the Hell are you talking about?

I was reffering to the fact that there is the same ol', same ol' in the set. Meaning a huge chunk of new material, maybe 2 songs that are semi-deep cuts, and then the whole barrage of Steve Harris-penned beat-to-death-played-live tracks.

Get it?

I hope so.

The BNW and DOD tours were pretty darned different. Sure, Maiden has *always* kept 5-6 songs in near every tour, but that's Maiden. I'd say that 10-12 completely different songs isn't exactly "the same," would you?

Walter_Langkowski said:
then the whole barrage of Steve Harris-penned beat-to-death-played-live tracks.

Quoted for falseness. Anything Steve penned, can not be beat-to-death. Sorry.

MadeInNewJersey said:
The BNW and DOD tours were pretty darned different.

Setlist songs, yeah, I agree.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Sure, Maiden has *always* kept 5-6 songs in near every tour, but that's Maiden. I'd say that 10-12 completely different songs isn't exactly "the same," would you?

Without researching it immediately, I seriously doubt they have 10-12 differing songs from tour to tour. That number seems a bit high to me. And even if that were to be true, they have beaten to death a huge chunk of their catalog, while a large portion of it remains under a large coat of dust, so to speak.

How about giving the die-hards who have supported the band for over 17 years (like me) some really obscure, B-side-esque material for a friggin' change! The closest they came was what they did for Ozzfest, and even that was nothing too different than what they have played before. I have seen every IM tour (including Blaze LP's) since 1988 and I want some different material live. Not a big request, if you ask me.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Without researching it immediately, I seriously doubt they have 10-12 differing songs from tour to tour.

I only said the differences between the BNW and DOD tours were this great. Not every tour.

Common songs (from memory, I'll look it up if I have to):
Hallowed - greatest metal song ever, so really, they get a pass here
Number - played, agreed
Run to the Hills - played, agreed
Wrathchild - played, agreed
Trooper - yeah, been playing it forever, but really, it's THE TROOPER
Fear of the Dark - great song, nowhere near overplayed
Brave New World - since it's only been played on 2 tours, it's hardly overplayed

ok, so that's 7 songs, which means only maybe 10 different as opposed to 12.

if they did a screening in Sacramento id go. im not the biggest maiden fan, but on a huge screen in a real theater with the huge sound system would be awesome.

The Maiden setlist debate never ends, doesn't it? I disagree completely with the comment about playing less newer material, with the obvious exception of the early years shows they've never sunk completely into nostalgia act territory and it keeps the setlist from growing more stagnant than people frequently accuse it of being. As for playing the classics ad nauseum and ignoring a huge part of their catalog, that they're certainly guilty of...

FYI, the Brave New World setlist:

Wicker Man
Ghost of Navigator

Brave New World
Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
Blood Brothers
Sign of the Cross
The Mercenary

The Trooper
Dream of Mirrors
The Clansman
The Evil That Men Do

Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
* songs not played on DoD tour = 10

The Dance of Death setlist:

Wildest Dreams
Wrathchild
Can I Play With Madness?
The Trooper
Dance of Death
Rainmaker
Brave New World
Paschendale
Lord of the Flies
No More Lies
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Journeyman
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
* songs not played on BNW tour = 9

MadeInNewJersey said:
FYI, the Brave New World setlist:

Wicker Man
Ghost of Navigator

Brave New World
Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
Blood Brothers
Sign of the Cross
The Mercenary

The Trooper
Dream of Mirrors
The Clansman
The Evil That Men Do

Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
* songs not played on DoD tour = 10

The Dance of Death setlist:

Wildest Dreams
Wrathchild
Can I Play With Madness?
The Trooper
Dance of Death
Rainmaker
Brave New World
Paschendale
Lord of the Flies
No More Lies
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Journeyman
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
* songs not played on BNW tour = 9

You know, in hindsight, the BNW setlist is a lot better IMO. "Sign of the Cross" live was a massive highlight too, reminding us all just how good the X Factor material can be when Bruce sings it.

JayKeeley said:
You know, in hindsight, the BNW setlist is a lot better IMO. "Sign of the Cross" live was a massive highlight too, reminding us all just how good the X Factor material can be when Bruce sings it.

I agree completely about "Sign Of The Cross". Fantastic song. It also just so happens to be the only 'obscure' bone that they throw out, and even that one was only 5 years old at the time.