Iron Maiden's "Death On The Road" DVD to receive theatre screening!

I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge that they did indeed play 9-10 different songs per tour (between BNW and DoD). Unless you're sticking to your "shifted focus" complaint that they "play too many new songs."

Demonspell said:
The Maiden setlist debate never ends, doesn't it?

No, and that's because we care. We're not exactly the dumb, mullet-headed type who only wants to hear 'Run To The Hills'.

Demonspell said:
I disagree completely with the comment about playing less newer material, with the obvious exception of the early years shows they've never sunk completely into nostalgia act territory and it keeps the setlist from growing more stagnant than people frequently accuse it of being.

I would agree about the new material statement from you except for one point: the longest they play is 120 minutes (and they've been known to do less than that.)

If they played another 30 minutes minimum to an hour longer, then I wouldn't care about 6 new songs. I'd know they would have to fill up the set with some unearthed classics, such as "The Prophecy", "Stranger In a Strange Land", "Caught Somewhere In Time", "To Tame A Land", you get my drift.

Demonspell said:
As for playing the classics ad nauseum and ignoring a huge part of their catalog, that they're certainly guilty of...

My point exactly. :worship:

MadeInNewJersey said:
I'm still waiting for you to acknowledge that they did indeed play 9-10 different songs per tour (between BNW and DoD). Unless you're sticking to your "shifted focus" complaint that they "play too many new songs."

I don't think that I ever said that I think they play the same setlist tour to tour (If I did, then please find it, I'm busy :Spin: ).

My point IS two-fold: 1)Yes, they play too many new songs (for their allotted set times. Six is too much time with the average lenghth of their songs.

2) They play too many of the same-ol' EVERY tour. This is not what I am looking for in them. If it pleases you to hear the following...

Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
Run to the Hills

...at EVERY IM show, then that's good for you. Me personally, I am sick of pretty much every one of those with the exception of Hallowed.

And just because they altered the track listing of the DVD/CD, it doesn't mean that they don't play those songs about 95% of the time live.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Wrathchild
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Sanctuary
Run to the Hills

You know what, I have to admit, when I'm at a Maiden show, the adrenalin is SO overbearing I really don't care that they play those same old songs each time.

I dunno....it just wouldn't be the same without The Trooper and Bruce waving the union jack, or Wrathchild when the entire audience starts bouncing.

I could live without Sanctuary and Fear of the Dark just because I don't really love those songs anyway.

And I'll take 2 Minutes to Midnight and Hallowed be thy Name EACH AND EVERY TIME FOREVER AND EVER!!! :kickass:

Now, if Maiden wanted to do a smaller tour, smaller audience, and only play "rarities", I'd pay $500 to see that. :hotjump:

Walter_Langkowski said:
No, actually they're pasted from the two DVD's sets. You know, they play additional material at shows that are taped that don't make it on to the recordings.

HOLY SHIT, YOU KNOW WHERE I CUT AND PASTE THEM FROM?! Tell me, then, what am I doing RIGHT NOW? :Smug:

For the record: I cut & pasted them from BOOTLEGS, FROM MY OWN COLLECTION. Fucking A dude.

He meant that it's better to get some shows than none at all. Like, you know, having one slice of cheesecake is better than none. Or getting anally raped by 2 dudes is better than 3.