Iron Maidens featured on Gibson.com!

SMOKIN'''' :hotjump:

Maybe I secretly wish I was a girl. Not because I could now wear pretty dresses in public without people saying such rude things, or stuff like.. Um.. dude.. you're a guy ya' know, or my son asking questions about it, but probably more because I would have a better chance to play with the...

IRON MAIDENS!!! :wave:

An email to "leadguitar@theironmaidens.com" would have much more credibility if it were not for the fact that I have this extra Y chromosome inside me.....:(

Well.. On the bright side.... Y is `bigger' than X so I guess perhaps maybe I'm OK with this because maybe it's better... I guess.... Because it's bigger, and it's closer to Z. But Z's the end so this Y makes me closer to the end than the beginning. Unless numbers are after Z, so then maybe I have awhile to go. After Z that is... Maybe Z isn't the end!!!! :)

Well..

Now what can I concentrate on!!! :)

That is cool! Hope they find a guitarist with their help! What a cool website as well. Just checked it out maybe a week ago thinking about getting a guitar again. LOVE the Joe Perry Les Paul!!! What an AWESOME finish and the old school LP Deluxe tuners!! Torn between that and the Jeff Beck and/or Robin Trower Strats. Any comments from guitarists? Also love the Yngwie Malmsteen Strat - white on white Richie Blackmore style but have no idea what scalloped fretboards do for you. Don't look too easy to play if you have small hands/fingers like me.

Hmmmm. Looks title a title change!!! :)

Does Linda only have 1 brother??? :loco:

I think *I* need a title!!!!!

I have been trying to go`discount' on things being out here in Iraq, but I am thinking about getting a guitar much better than I have now... Not that I need one, but it's the `pride in ownership' thing.

In my PIC I have a 1979 Carvin CM-140 and it's a great guitar, but it's home in storage and I won't bring it out here! Carvin guitars are still made in the USA (Just north of San Diego) and have consistently had the best quality of any guitars I've played / looked at over the last 25+ years...

I am thinking about getting a BOLT Strat, Jumbo Stainless Steel frets, Ebony fretboard, etc. I'm going to call them in about 5 hours, but I think the wait is now about 10 weeks, but that would mean I could pick it up in person on my R&R!!!! :)

Something like this, but no maple fretboard.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/single.php?Serial=89067

All the Carvin guitars are custom made for you! :Spin:

And the truss-rod cover will say DEB on it! For good luck and inspiration!!! :lol:

I saw a Malmsteen strat at Ed Roman's in Las Vegas, but I wasn't interested in Strat's at the time, but my son was playing it and liked it. If it weren't the ugly vintage-yellowish color he would have had me buy it... IF it were BLACK or RED with a maple fretboard I would have bought it instantly!

I am told that the necks on the Malmsteen's are all different because someone manually scallops them. I read them on the Fender forum. Many folks are unhappy about that because the necks are not consistently made.

I think Jumbo Frets are the next best thing. The string never touches the fretboard unless you really push hard, and then the note goes sharp! Your finger can still touch the fretboard for `stability' though. I don't think I would like a scalloped fretboard. I do wish I had tried it though.

A guitarist needs a LP with humbuckers and a strat with single coil pickups..

"Maiden Afghanistan"

I say get the Joe Perry Les Paul *AND* the Robin Trower Strat. We know you can afford it!!! :)

You, I and Jeff have to start a band when we get out of here!!! I'll have enough $$$ to bribe radio stations, etc!!! adn we can make our own CD's! Jeff already has cool songs, and I'm writing a song about a cool looking bug I saw out here a crawling around here acouple days ago.. No words yet, but it's coming along!:ill:

ALSO! IF all have you haev read to this point, do the following!!!

Do a spell check "right-click" on the word..

humbuckers

What is the top choice???????? Is that really a word now???? :Smokin::Smokin:

HAHAHAHA :dopey:

Duane, you need a title! Maybe we can start a new post - Give Duane a title!:p I would wait until I'm done with the Middle East before getting anything good, but I think you're right - BOTH a LP and a Strat are the answer!:headbang: Scholtz Rockman and Marshall stack to go with them as well! Guitar lessons from Sara and I'd be good!

YEAH!!!

And one of these also!!

I have never seen one in person, but the pictures look very cool! Especially the inlays and abalone!

The C-1 Classic and S-1 Elite look incredible!! Carved tops, etc....

So, A LES PAUL TYPE (Gibson, Heritage), A Strat, and a Schecter... Nothing too pointy for me cause I'm too old though!:dopey:

You can never have enough Guitars!!!! :)

G.A.S = Guitar Acquisition Syndrome! :Smokin:

"Hey John, I think I have your fake Strat here! The red one with the white stripes!??! Hee hee!!!! It's all yours if you want it back!"

Linda...

NO!!!

That's mine and John knows it. He was just supposed to be holding it for me...:cry::erk:

To make a very long story short, I was in Hollywood with David Lee Roth back in 1985
drinking at some bar, and he was depressed and told me that he was quitting Van Halen because Eddie and Alex would not let me join the band.

Michael was all for it though and told me that if I would not insist on playing my single cutaway Carvin, and get a Charvel or a Jackson Eddie might agree, but, as you see in my PIC I only wanted to play the Carvin and not a Strat-Copy Thing... I think Ed has something against single cutaway guitars.

So, of course I didn''t get into the band. I would only have been a backup guitarist, and was told I would be forbidden to do any tapping anyway... So.. No loss if you ask me... :kickass: Life goes on!

So, David told me that Ed gave him the guitar because he owed him some money.. I believe Dave. I gave Dave $1,000 for it and we ended up singing stupid songs sitting on cars in a car lot somewhere until the owner called the police and we split and each went out own separate ways....

I never saw Dave again after that and he did, as everyone knows, actually quit the band....

I could go into more about Dave's band, and Jason Becker, etc... But I won't.. I was too involved in the new computer revolution starting and was fed up with the music scene anyway..

So John... Remember that guitar is mine! It's something I'll always treasure even if you tried to play that joke on me and put the nylon strings on it... :loco::loco::loco: That was a good one though!!!!

Miss you guys back in the real world!!!!

Be there soon!!!

my tony iommi sg kicks ass yes! i used it to record route 666 now that you mention it :) i got a line the other day on a les paul - hoping that will swing my way cuz they're a cool hunk o guitar. my first electric ever was this purple sunburst arbor lp copy that i put an invader in. i'm sad i sold it :(

Have you seen the Explorer reissue on the Gibson site - TOO SWEET!! They got a Johnny Winter model Firebird as well - very nice!. Love the old stuff!!!

Duane, you crack me up!:lol::lol: Think of a title yet? Forgot to tell you that my California drivers license expired when I was in Iraq. Put my parents address as my residence and my Iraq addy as my mailing addy. Leave it to Cal DMV! My Cal license says I live in Tikrit South, California!:lol: Should get me out of some tickets!!

Have you seen the Explorer reissue on the Gibson site - TOO SWEET!! They got a Johnny Winter model Firebird as well - very nice!. Love the old stuff!!!

Duane, you crack me up!:lol::lol: Think of a title yet? Forgot to tell you that my California drivers license expired when I was in Iraq. Put my parents address as my residence and my Iraq addy as my mailing addy. Leave it to Cal DMV! My Cal license says I live in Tikrit South, California!:lol: Should get me out of some tickets!!

I've always liked the Explorer guitars. I'll get one someday but real Gibson's are expensive because they're made my real Americans. :) :loco:

The Epiphone Futura is like an Explorer also!

If anyone wants to see a cool line if guitars, just Google Epiphone and Prophecy. Their Prophecy line of guitars are really cool and very affordable. I've never seen them in person though.

My DL expired when I was in Balad last January. My R&R was pushed back so I didn't make it home in time... I am told you are not allowed to drive on base w/o a valid license. Contractors not enlisted. I didn't drive just incase.

There are military police on these bases that have nothing better to do than hide behind a tree with a radar gun... Why take a chance....

So... A name....

How about this... It has to be clever, and my name is a little unique/bizarre/weird....

How `bout....

Duane... Not Allman or Eddy though... Just Me...

Wonder if that would be OK?? I would like to put Deb's name in there somewhere, but I can't figure out how to...

I'll keep thinking though!!!!

Hey! A beautiful thing happened today!

Preface this: I am going `discount' while I am out here in Iraq...

My Traynor DynaGain DG15 guitar amp finally got here today! Only $119.

* 15-Watts
* 10-inch Celestion™ 'TUBE-10' Speaker
* Clean and Overdrive Channels
* Bass / Mid / Treble Controls
* Auxiliary Line Input for CD or MP3 Player
* 1/4-inch TRS Headphone Jack

The 10" Celestion speaker just screams!!! This is the loudest most incredible 15 watts I have ever heard!!!! I had a VOX Solid State 15 watt that
came with an 8" `bulldog' speaker, but this thing just kills it!!!!! Long live Traynor and Celestion!!!!

I knew I wanted a smaller amp, and this had a Celestion 10" instead of the no-name 8's from the others, and, you can freely download the schematic and PCB layout from their web page, so I was hooked!

I wanted to get the 30 watt / 12" one but it was too heavy to send apo/fpo. Too bad. While this is loud I don't think it could cover Linda's drums!:lol:

So, this has been a wonderful day!!! A GIGANTIC upgrade from my my little Epiphone 10S 10W 6.5" Amp that was barely louder than my acoustic. I think it was a very optimistic 10 watts though...